Official Website: OZZY
Albums: (With Links to album info)
- Blizzard of Ozz (1980)
- Diary of a Madman (1981)
- Bark at the Moon (1983)
- The Ultimate Sin (1986)
- No Rest for the Wicked (1988)
- No More Tears (1991)
- Ozzmosis (1995)
- Down to Earth (2001)
- Under Cover (2005)
- Black Rain (2007)
- Scream (2010)
John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne (born 3 December 1948) is an English singer, songwriter and actor. He rose to prominence during the 1970s as the lead vocalist of the heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979 and went on to have a successful solo career, releasing 11 studio albums, the first seven of which were all awarded multi-platinum certifications in the US. Osbourne has since reunited with Black Sabbath on several occasions, recording the album 13 in 2013. His longevity and success have earned him the informal title of "Godfather of Heavy Metal".
In the early 2000s, Osbourne became a reality television star, appearing as himself in the MTV reality show The Osbournes, alongside wife and manager Sharon and two of their three children, Kelly and Jack. He was a co-star along with son Jack in the 2016/2017 worldwide television series Ozzy & Jack's World Detour. The show's second season had also continued into 2017
- Trick or Treat (1986) - Rev. Aaron Gilstrom
- The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years (1988) - Himself (Documentary)
- The Jerky Boys: The Movie (1995) - Band Manager
- South Park (1999) - Himself (voice)
- Little Nicky (2000) - Himself
- Moulin Rouge! (2001) - The Green Fairy (voice)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) - Himself
- Dame Edna Live at the Palace (2003)
- Robbie the Reindeer in Close Encounters of the Herd Kind (2007) - Vicar (voice)
- Brütal Legend (2009) (Video Game) - The Guardian of Metal, Dadbat (voice)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011) - Fawn (voice)
- Fish Hooks (2011) - Earth Troll (voice)
- Howard Stern on Demand (2013) - Himself
- Bubble Guppies (2015) - Sid Fishy (voice)
- Ghostbusters (2016) - Himself
- The 7D (2016) - Duke the Drear (voice)
- Sherlock Gnomes (2018) - Fawn (voice)
Where to start with Ozzy.........there is so much to say about him. He is my favorite solo artist and comedian, since he does make me laugh with all his goofy antics. I was a fan of the reality TV show, The Osbournes, and I watched the Ozzy & Jack World Detour (which was a really cool and nicely done series)
After being fired from Black Sabbath, Ozzy decided to go solo and was signed to Jet Records, owned by Don Arden....who is Sharon Osbournes' father. She was sent by her father to look after Ozzy's needs and to steer him in the right direction. It was her idea to form a supergroup, but Ozzy picked the members. He chose Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep), Bob Daisley (Rainbow, Uriah Heep), Don Airey (Rainbow, Deep Purple) and Randy Rhoads (Quiet Riot). They recorded and released Blizzard of Oz in 1980, credited completely to Ozzy.
Once I heard Blizzard of Oz.....Crazy Train......I was hooked. I have his first 7 albums plus Black Rain and Scream, and I like all of them.
This year is his LAST North American Tour, and I really want to go. He will be in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan this September (2018)..
Mr Crowley live
I Don't Know live
For those of you who didn't watch the Ozzy & Jack World Detour.....they visited the vault of master tapes. Here is Ozzy's reaction and comments on Randy and hearing the unmixed Crazy Train tapes...