Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, hard rock version?

Lynch

^^^ Cool song, at least in the music. I could listen to the instrumental version of that song over and over. Nothing against the vocals, just looking at it from a different angle.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
The Godz - Gotta Keep a Runnin'

This song rocks more cowbell than Mississippi Queen. They were a one hit wonder band from 1977. Based out of Columbus, Ohio, prior to being signed, they played biker clubs and had pretty stong following amungst the "Rougher Crowd" My old favorite radio station used to play these guys pretty regularly, as well Z-Rock out of Chicago.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I stumbled upon this gem from 2015 by Vanilla Fudge. 3 of the original members got together to record a 'covers' album of all songs that were released in 1967.....Spirit of '67. Mark Stein, Carmine Appice, and Vince Martell along with bassist Peter Bremy made some awesome covers, which are really originals. The whole album is fantastic!

R-6913026-1493204330-6257_jpeg.jpg

The Letter (Boxtops)

Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum)

And a Vanilla Fudge Original "Let's Pray For Peace"

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I cannot find anything about this band on the net. Near as I can tell the guitarist is a thrash metal Christian Rocker and that lady can belt out a song.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot find anything about this band on the net. Near as I can tell the guitarist is a thrash metal Christian Rocker and that lady can belt out a song.

That is a really good video. Yeah, I couldn't find anything either online about them. However, there was a reply below the video with this information:
We are Suzanne LaStad (now McAuliff) vocals, Jeff Vittetoe drums, Greg Minier guitar, and Joseph Pernicano bass .

I put those names in a google search, and NOTHING came back.

Mr. Gregory

Evanescence's Fallen was just such a good album - a modern classic, in my opinion. I still listen to it occasionally, and I'm probably gonna listen to it again today after dinner. If I had to choose, I'd say that My Last Breath is probably my favorite song from it.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are AC/DC fans, and like to collect the AC/DC sound-alikes, Stripwired is exactly what you're looking for. They are from Texas and are from the fallout of a AC/DC tribute band, Back in Black. They now have 2 albums to their credit, the last, Another Shot, was released January 2019.

New video.....Raise Your Glass

Another Shot

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
now listening to Dirty Love, off Stripwired's S/T debut. I dunno how I feel about a band that sounds exactly like another band, but the tunes are good, so..........why not?

Mr. Gregory

@Magic, anytime anyone dismisses a band as a "copycat" band, I respond with what Judy Funnie said once in an episode of Doug: if nobody ever copied anybody, we'd all be running around naked grunting at each other. I have zero problem with bands like that.

And, speaking of AC/DC sound-alikes, I really liked Airbourne when they first came out. I don't think music always has to be technically complex to sound good. Sometimes simplicity works just fine. By the way, check out the truck driver in the first video! :)

Runnin' Wild

Blackjack

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@Mr. Gregory
Woohoo! it's the rebel himself...Lemmy! What a cool cameo appearance.

Another band that gets coined as an AC/DC clone is Rose Tattoo. I don't find them to be as close a clone as Airbourne or Stripwired. Like you said, AC/DC's simplistic formula worked and there is still plenty of room for more simplistic bands. The musical material is still original, that's what counts....

Mr. Gregory

@Mr. Gregory
Woohoo! it's the rebel himself...Lemmy! What a cool cameo appearance.

Another band that gets coined as an AC/DC clone is Rose Tattoo. I don't find them to be as close a clone as Airbourne or Stripwired. Like you said, AC/DC's simplistic formula worked and there is still plenty of room for more simplistic bands. The musical material is still original, that's what counts....

This is my first time hearing them. My favorite part of that song is actually the lyrics/storytelling. I'm not big into this style of rock, but that's good stuff. (y)