Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, hard rock version?

SiphonOfDestruction

Feast your ears on this... Wait, what?

One of the most unsuccessful and underground yet imperative NWOBHM groups to influence the movement. No albums, but one EP, I think.

Listen to how catchy these riffs are...

Lynch

I kind of forgot how decent this album is. The only Quiet Riot album without Kevin Dubrow on vocals....

Quiet Riot - QR (1988)
1522821462728.png

Paul Shortino has a FAR better set of pipes on him and his vocal style is tons better than Kevin's. That's not to say that Kevin sucks, but just blasting out my 2 cents worth on the topic.

SiphonOfDestruction

I kind of forgot how decent this album is. The only Quiet Riot album without Kevin Dubrow on vocals....

Quiet Riot - QR (1988)
View attachment 30

Paul Shortino has a FAR better set of pipes on him and his vocal style is tons better than Kevin's. That's not to say that Kevin sucks, but just blasting out my 2 cents worth on the topic.
I think Kevin made up for his harsher vocals and limited range with a really energetic stage presence, in my honest opinion.

Lynch

Should have had that song blasting when I drove around a race track in a Lamborghini a couple yrs back. What an amazing experience that was (but that's another story for another thread). After we left, driving home in my little hamster-mobile, we fired this up because I was still fired up. ;)

SiphonOfDestruction

Should have had that song blasting when I drove around a race track in a Lamborghini a couple yrs back. What an amazing experience that was (but that's another story for another thread). After we left, driving home in my little hamster-mobile, we fired this up because I was still fired up. ;)
I have a playlist devoted to the highway and going fast!

Latest posts