Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glam Metal Diamond Rexx

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
5735758F-diamond-rexx-to-play-land-of-the-damned-reunion-show-in-lombard-il-new-dead-single-st...jpg
Official Website

Current Members and Original Lineup:
  • Nasti Habits — lead vocals (1985–present)
  • S.S. Priest — lead & rhythm guitars (1985–1995, 2000–present)
  • Dave Andre — bass (1985–1989, 2004–present)
  • Johnny Cottone - drums
Albums:

Diamond Rexx is a band from Chicago, IL. This band made quite a splash in the early to mid 80's in the Chicago area. They are a simplistic band, not lighting any fires or breaking any new ground. What makes them stand out to me are the vocals by Nasti Habits. He has a gruff sounding voice, with a punk sounding delivery that isn't especially nice to listen to, but seems to fit the music. The music is quite good!!

diamondrexx1.jpg

Diamond Rexx got lumped into the Glam Metal genre, but IMO they are more in the realm of W.A.S.P. or Motley Crue than all the other hair artists of the 80's. They were not one to pump out the sappy hair metal ballads.........

The debut album, Land of the Damned, is the only major label release.

R-3895787-1364397936-7368_jpeg.jpg

Wish I Was Rich

Full Album, Enjoy!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Rated Rexx is not as raw as the debut. I feel this album is much better than the debut, and Nasti has improved his vocals 100%.

MI0002107133.jpg

Guillotine

Full Album, Enjoy!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
After a 10 year break, Rexx Erected was released. This album took a more heavy metal / alternative metal path.......

110510.jpg

No Pain, No Gain

Medicine Man

Fire