Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member

8D3C2C98-ACFB-4FEF-A6E2-1EF264812CF9.jpeg
Official Website

Members:

Bon Scott
Angus Young
Malcom Young
Mark Evens
Phil Rudd

Albums:

High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Flick Of The Switch
Fly On The Wall
Blow Up Your Video
The Razors Edge
Ballbreaker
Stiff Upper Lip
Black Ice
Rock or Bust
Power Up

One of my all time favorite bands, AC/DC were/are, plain and simple in your face hard rock! They may only do one thing, but they do that one thing better than anyone else. I don't think there's a band in the world that could pull off what they did, 17 albums worth of stripped down, raw, hard rock, and not a single ballad!

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
AC/DC never strayed from there roots. After awhile most bands get fat and lazy and start putting out crap. These guys still beat you over the head with a crowbar. And yes SK, not one single useless ballad. Come to think of it I bet an AC/DC ballad would still knock your socks off.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
AC/DC never strayed from there roots. After awhile most bands get fat and lazy and start putting out crap. These guys still beat you over the head with a crowbar. And yes SK, not one single useless ballad. Come to think of it I bet an AC/DC ballad would still knock your socks off.
Ditto to everything you said!

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Listened to some AC/DC today, which is not at all unusual for me. I listened to the soundtrack to Who Made Who, which is unusual for me, I normally only play the Bon Scott stuff. (Who Made Who actually does have some Bon songs like Ride On)

Riff_Raff

The few ballady songs they did were pretty good too. Ride On, Rock n Roll Dream to name 2.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Angus is the last Young left,....I know the article says the name AC/DC came from Margaret Young's sewing machine, but I thought I read somewhere that she actually sewed the original school boy outfit.

I met Bon Scott when he was in The Valentines , a local Sydney band which was playing the high school circuit on the South Coast of Australia. I shook hands with the legend and exchanged a coupla words with him. He was later to become the lead singer in one of the greatest rock bands on the planet

Last edited: