Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Witchfynde

SiphonOfDestruction

w.png

Current Lineup
Luther Beltz
Montalo (Trevor Taylor)
Pete Surgey
Gra Scoresby
Tracey Abbott

Album Discography (Studio)
Give 'Em Hell (1980)
Stagefright (1980)
Cloak and Dagger (1983)
Lords of Sin (1984)
The Witching Hour (2001)
Play It To Death (2008)

Official Website

Basic information from Wikipedia...
Witchfynde are a British heavy metal band, one of the forerunners of the new wave of British heavy metal in the late 1970s. Witchfynde were formed in Derbyshire, England in 1974, by bass guitarist Richard Blower and vocalist Neil Harvey. Richard Blower discovered Montalo (Trevor Taylor) in a band called Atiofel. When Richard left the band in 1975, they reformed Witchfynde with lead guitarist Montalo, bassist Andro Coulton and drummer Gra Scoresby, and soon recruiting vocalist Steve Bridges. The band released their first single, "Give 'em Hell" in 1979 and released its first full-length album, also entitled Give 'em Hell, on Rondelet Records in 1980.

SiphonOfDestruction

These guys truly kick ass. The first time I saw the album cover of their debut, I was convinced it was something like Venom, but it was merely a marketing tactic, I'd say.