Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
To let my brain recover from the growls, I decided to listen to Baroness - Gold & Grey. This is also a decent album....clean vocals but not the best. Reminds me of vocals you would hear from bands like Muse.

baroness_gold.jpg

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
That is a good idea,@Riff_Raff . If I am not mistaken, it would be easy for production. All they would have to do is eliminate the vocal track. Nothing frustrates me more than a song that has a killer intro, then slams you with very harsh, guttural growls. A lot of times you have trouble hearing the music because the growls are so loud.

Mr. Gregory

I haven't been posting here much lately because I'm still listening to things we've already discussed, and more so because trying to browse this site on my Kindle Fire has been brutal lately. I don't know if they did an update that messed something up or what, but it runs really, really slowly now. It's much better speed-wise on my phone, but longer posts get cut off on it. SMH.

Anyway, among other things, I'm still listening to Insomnium's Heart Like A Grave.

I've also been listening to Unleash The Archers' Explorers EP for the last few days. I'm not normally into covers, but these are two very good songs.

Mr. Gregory

I like both their old and new material, but that's probably still my favorite album of theirs.

I'm finally really starting to sink my teeth into Anathema's newest album, The Optimist. My favorite tracks on it so far, in no particular order, are Springfield, Ghosts (both of which I posted in their "official" thread), and this one, Endless Ways.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Not what I would normally listen to....but it's new...so I thought I would give it a spin...

Sepultura%20-%20Quadra.jpg

Edit: do I like it? Naw. It's a bit too angry for my tastes. Reminds me of Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power.....grrrrrrrrrr

Riff_Raff

Not what I would normally listen to....but it's new...so I thought I would give it a spin...

View attachment 1231

Edit: do I like it? Naw. It's a bit too angry for my tastes. Reminds me of Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power.....grrrrrrrrrr
I can see it is a very angry album and can be overwhelming but for my taste it fits perfectly.