Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Hammy

a band from Scotland. this album was put out in 1981. I should make a thread for them, they have an interesting background and have been around for ever, even though one of their albums is extremely rare.

R-2061385-1368183560-9748_gif.jpg

SiphonOfDestruction

In the sky a mighty eagle
Doesn't care about what's illegal
On its wings the rainbow's light
It's flying to eternity

Eagle fly free
Let people see
Just make it your own way
Leave time behind
Follow the sign
Together we'll fly someday...

Mr. Gregory

Sevendust is one of those bands that I've always known of (and heard a couple of songs from since some of them were featured in WWE programming in the 2000s) but never really got into. I stumbled upon their song "Enemy" on YouTube the other day, and, to my surprise, I really like it. I thought it sounded somewhat familiar when I heard it - it was actually the theme for the WWE Unforgiven PPV back in 2003.

I added the album it came from, Seasons, to my Spotify collection and was listening to it on the way to work today. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, but I dig it so far. Since it's catchy and radio-friendly, it's pretty easy listening for me, and the album flows together nicely. Nu-metal like this isn't my usual cup of tea, but I think it unfairly gets a bad rap sometimes.

Naturally, this is the "clean" version of the song, since I like profanity in my music like the average little kid likes peas.

girlhatespeas-287x431.jpg

Mr. Gregory

So, after raving over The Agonist's two newest singles, Burn It All Down and In Vertigo, I decided to listen to a couple of their albums for the first time in a long time this weekend - Prisoners, their last album with Alissa White-Gluz as lead vocalist, and Eye of Providence, their first album with her replacement, Vicky Psarakis.

Prisoners is as solid as I thought it was before - perhaps a little long-winded, but solid nonetheless.

Eye of Providence isn't nearly as bad as I remember it being, though. It starts off with the two or three weakest tracks IMO, which coincidentally were all singles. That must have been where I gave up on it last time, and that's a shame, because it's all uphill from the fourth track (I Endeavor) onwards. From the moment the opening riff of that song kicked in, I was like

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The debut album from heavy metal band, Turret, from Australia was released July 30, 2019. Definitely a solid album of traditional sounding metal....

61Vbntlhe1L__SS500_.jpg

In the Shadows