Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something New

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Ran across this really cool retro-rock band from Norway. Friendship. They just put out their second album on May 25, 2018, Ain't No Shame, and it is pretty laid back. Reminds me of the 60's psychedelic vibe with some early 70's hard rock thrown in the mix.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
This is the 2nd release from the Canadian hard rock / retro-rock / psychedelic / bluesy band, Mountain Dust. Seven Storms was released May 18, 2018.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
If you are into heavy psyche and the palm desert scene, then you will enjoy the new album from old timers Yawning Man. Their newest album just released today, July 6, 2018.

The Revolt Against Tired Noises

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I have a growing trend of new heavy stoner rock.....

This is the 4th album from this Philidelphia, PA band.....released June 2, 2018.

The Stone Eye - Kevlar, Kryptonite, Gloria

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I just made a thread for these guys because they are so damn cool....

Anyway, here is the entire 2018 album.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
All Female (four sisters) hard rock / psychedelic rock, Stonefield from Australia. Far From Earth released April 13, 2018.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
A new Hard Rock trio from Oklahoma, Crobone. They are not strictly hard rock, they bend their music towards heavy metal just a tad....lol. They released their S/T EP in February 2018. Well worth the time to listen to the EP....

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Sammy Hagar & The Circle is putting out a new album to be released in May 2019, Space Between.

DyAqDqrUUAIDHbe_jpg-large.jpg

2qu7vgp_th.gif

"Devil Came to Philly"
"Full Circle Jam (Chump Change)"
"Can't Hang"
"Wide Open Space"
"Free Man"
"Bottom Line"
"No Worries"
"Trust Fund Baby"
"Affirmation"
"Hey Hey (Without Greed)"

Can't Hang

Trust Fund Baby

I don't know how I feel about this album, but I will give it a listen after release. This will more than likely be the last new material we will see from the likes of Sammy Hagar, so out of respect, I will keep an open mind and give it a fair listen

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Debut EP released March 2019 from Los Angeles hard rockers, Dirty Honey. Very good band that reminds me of Guns N Roses.....

D2Rq1LNUkAA3Xae.jpg

Tracklist:
01. When I’m Gone
02. Rolling 7s
03. Heartbreaker
04. Down The Road
05. Scars

Lynch

I don't know how I feel about this album, but I will give it a listen after release. This will more than likely be the last new material we will see from the likes of Sammy Hagar, so out of respect, I will keep an open mind and give it a fair listen
Curious about your closing comment here about this likely being the last new material we get from Sammy. Have you heard something that I haven't?

I have the double-live album that The Circle put out a few years back, which I LOVE. They covered from Van Halen, Sammy's solo career as well as a few Zeppelin tracks.

I'm always amazed at Sammy's voice. The dude turns 72 in a couple of weeks and he's lost very little off of his voice compared to a number of his peers who sound nothing like their heyday anymore.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@Lynch

Honestly, Sammy is getting old. There isn't going to be a Van Halen / Hagar reunion. Chickenfoot is pretty much over with....even Sammy himself has said The Circle is his only gig these days plus the fact Michael Anthony is also getting up there in age. I just don't see The Circle doing another album of original material. The Circle was touring for quite a few years doing Montrose, Led Zep, Hagar solo, and Van Halen covers before they put out Space Between. Sammy has spread himself all over the place in recent years, you know in a hap hazard way, that just gives me the feeling that Space Between puts him near the end of the rope.

BTW, Space Between isn't THAT good of an album....just sayin.

As far as a vocalist goes.....Sammy has never had a good vocal range. He has always been a mid-range vocalist, which is not all that difficult to maintain as an older guy. I will give him kudos for getting out there rock n rollin at his age. He looks to be in real good shape for an old fart...

Lynch

BTW, Space Between isn't THAT good of an album....just sayin.
@Magic

I picked up a copy and just got done listening to it for the first time. I like it, but it certainly isn't great. A few quality tracks and some filler. I will say, if I want hard rockin' Sammy, this won't be a go-to album. BUT... if I want to listen to more laid back Sammy, this is pretty decent. Good background music when I'm gaming or hanging out on the computer doing a lot of frivolous BS that I do online. ;)

One song that kind of got my attention was No Worries. It sounded like something that could very easily have been lifted from Kid Rock on one of his more recent albums. Laid back, sitting on the porch, drinkin' beer and relaxing type of story-telling and music.[/USER][/QUOTE]

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@triptych
She sounds like a harder version of Blondie.

This band isn't new, but the album is! Reckless Love's debut album came out in 2010. Turborider came out March 2022.

reckless-love-turborider-s.jpg

Prodigal Sons

Latest posts