Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Ghost (Ghost B.C. in the USA)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website

Albums: (with links to album info)

Member Themes:

Ghost is a Swedish heavy metal/ doom metal band. Not all their music is real heavy, some is nothing more that excellent melodic hard rock. I discovered this band right after the release of 2015's Meliora with the song "Circle" and have been hooked since.

The band, known as "Nameless Ghouls", being cloaked in complete anonymity until recently, when former band members filed a lawsuit against the lead singer....Tobias Forge aka Papa Emeritus, . Until this, Tobias Forge was unknown.

Ghost is known for it's theatrical performances. The band uses their affection for horror films as part of their imagery. The band has been very popular with metal fans due to the occult style performances and grandiose effects. Papa Emeritus takes on a new identity with each album release and appears to get younger. It is a fascinating theatrical and artful approach to music!

The 2010 debut album, Opus Eponymos, has a surprisingly melodic sound. This album blends together a variety of styles from Psychedelic to NWOBHM.

A very interesting and very melodic cover of the Beatles "Here Comes The Sun"

2013 EP If You Have Ghosts (produced by Dave Grohl and Grohl reportedly has been a Nameless Ghoul)

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Mysterious Swedish band Ghost are no stranger to theatrics when it comes to deposing and appointing the series of menacing Papa Emeritus characters that have led the band through its last three albums.

Today, they released the "Chapter One: New Blood" video teasing the unveiling of the new Papa, who will front the band on its forthcoming, as-yet-untitled fourth album (the follow-up to 2015's Meliora) and recently announced "Rats! on the Road Tour."

In the stylized clip, we see Papa Zero, flanked by two diabolical children, strolling through "The Ministry" where he meets a mysterious woman, addressed only as "Sister." After a bizarre exchange about his health (and the appearance of a saxophone) and congratulations on his progeny's Grammy win, Sister lays it all out: "We need someone new," she says, "a firm leader with youth and stamina and sexual charisma."

Read More

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

Ghost is friggin' awesome! I actually haven't listened to them for a while.

Here's another good one from Infestissumam.

Square Hammer, the opener from Popestar, is a very good song too. I love these guys' imagery and overall vibe. They're too cool for school, man. LOL.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@Mr. Gregory You and I were chatting a bit ago about "Album of the Year"........I am holding Prequelle at number 1 for the time being. I know this album is toned down a bit from Meliora, however, I feel this has been the best written album so far.

I know a lot of people will go for Judas Priest "Firepower" as a top in 2018, but I liked Kamelot's "The Shadow Theory" better than Firepower.

Mr. Gregory

@Mr. Gregory You and I were chatting a bit ago about "Album of the Year"........I am holding Prequelle at number 1 for the time being. I know this album is toned down a bit from Meliora, however, I feel this has been the best written album so far.

I know a lot of people will go for Judas Priest "Firepower" as a top in 2018, but I liked Kamelot's "The Shadow Theory" better than Firepower.
I feel ya. I actually don't listen to Ghost much these days. They're a great band, and Prequelle is a very good album, but I don't know. I'm just kind of over the whole devil thing, and now I feel like bad stuff happens to me whenever I listen to them. :gig:

I'm gonna start a thread for this Album of the Year discussion.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
. I'm just kind of over the whole devil thing, and now I feel like bad stuff happens to me whenever I listen to them. :gig:

I'm gonna start a thread for this Album of the Year discussion.

Ghost is about Devils?.....:gig:

Album of the year discussion sounds good to me...since I already have a FANTASTIC pick for 2019! hint hint.....LaTorre!!