Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capability Brown

brenluvbirds

Anyone out there heard of these guys? Me not until today! Don't laugh, but this is how it got started. I was trying to find a Simpson’s episode with the TV character "fuzzy snuggle duck" who appears on the show that Maggie likes to watch, "the happy little elves". So here is where I’m going with this! YouTube brought me to a recording by an English rock band “Fuzzy Duck” from 1971. I’ve never heard of ‘em or heard this music before today. One of the comments posted under the video was “didn’t they eventually become Capability Brown?” So that spiked my curious nature and so here they are! I looked them up on Wikipedia and don’t recognize any of the band members’ names.

Capability Brown on Wikipedia

Capability Brown on Prog Archives

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Very groovy find, @brenluvbirds !!! It is amazing how many of these really cool late 60's early 70's bands were unappreciated during their time and just quit.........

These guys have superb vocal harmonies. I would rate them right up there with Cosby Stills Nash & Young, and that is judging from the two posted videos. They are very gifted musicians, too. I am going to have to dig into them more and see if I can find their 2 albums.......

Liar (a funky cover of the original by Argent but made famous by Three Dog Night)

Midnight Cruiser (Steely Dan cover)