Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Black Stone Cherry

Members:
  • Chris Robertson
  • Ben Wells
  • Jon Lawhon
  • John Fred Young

Albums:

Fred Young, who is the son of The Kentucky Headhunter's Richard Young and nephew of Fred Young, began to play music at a very young age. Once Black Stone Cherry was formed, the band made use of the practice/recording house which was used by Kentucky Headhunters since 1968. (just a cool factoid)

BSC's sound takes southern rock to a new level, a hard and heavy level. They still echo the sound of the south, but present it with an in your face attack.

Hell and High Water

Rain Wizard

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Official video from Family Tree

My Last Breath

A very moving & heart felt video...

Lynch

BSC just released a second "Black to Blues" EP last week. I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Black Stone Cherry - Black to Blues, vol 2

1572920265702.png

1572920305785.png

Track listing:
1) Big Legged Woman - Original by Freddie King
2) Me & The Devil Blues - Original by Robert Johnson
3) All Your Love (I MIss Loving) - Original by Otis Rush
4) Down in the Bottom - Original by Howlin' Wolf, written by Willie Dixon
5) Early One Morning - Original by Sonny Boy Williamson, also a standard for Junior Wells
6) Death Letter Blues - Original by Son House

Me & The Devil Blues

Lynch

By the way, I have @Magic to thank for introducing me to this band in like 2010 or 2011. The first album that I listened to was their second, Folklore and Superstition. Immediately, I embraced them and have been a fan ever since.

My daughter and I went to see them in 2014 or 2015 and this has been one of "our bands" for years. She's been to a few of their shows, I only saw them the one time. They were just here a few weeks back, but they were co-headliners with a band that I know nothing about, so I didn't go.

Tell ya what, if you EVER have a chance to see them in concert, at least once, go do it. You'd never believe the amount of energy these guys put into their stage show. Chris Robertson (lead vocals and lead guitar on most songs) is a really good frontman, but it's the other guys that really get the crowd going. They are back and forth, moving non-stop from start to finish in their show. Hell of a band.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
BSC just released a second "Black to Blues" EP last week. I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Black Stone Cherry - Black to Blues, vol 2

View attachment 1152

View attachment 1153

Track listing:
1) Big Legged Woman - Original by Freddie King
2) Me & The Devil Blues - Original by Robert Johnson
3) All Your Love (I MIss Loving) - Original by Otis Rush
4) Down in the Bottom - Original by Howlin' Wolf, written by Willie Dixon
5) Early One Morning - Original by Sonny Boy Williamson, also a standard for Junior Wells
6) Death Letter Blues - Original by Son House

Me & The Devil Blues

I didn't know they had just put out an EP. I had to go and dig up more, since I liked the video you posted. These are all compliments of Black Stone Cherry Youtube Channel

Big Legged Woman

All Your Love

Down In The Bottom

Early One Morning

Death Letter Blues

Lynch

Good stuff, all of it. There's very little that this band has put out that I skip past. This EP sounds just as good as the last one from a couple of years ago.