Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Have I Been

Mr. Gregory

Hi.. what's going on around here these days?

I just can't seem to stop being everywhere at once as late.. the tunes are still going strong though. There is always time for music.
It's been pretty quiet around here lately. I've been spending the holiday break figuring out what my Album of the Year is for this year. :)

Mr. Gregory

There is most certainly many runner-ups.. it'd be hard for me. New Satan album is amazing, that might be it for me.
I initially had a tough decision to make as well. It was made a little easier when Within Temptation announced that their newest album isn't coming out until next year, and when I found out that Heilung's Lifa was indeed released this year.

Whenever you confirm it, post your thoughts in the AOTY thread! :)

Lynch

Haven't been online anywhere near as much as normal lately. Just bought a new house and moved (well, new to us, 5 yrs old). Been really busy with everything involved in that entire process. I have to say, the single worst thing about moving is moving. Buying a place, not that hard. Cleaning up some credit issues (if you have any), not hard. Finding a place that you like, not hard (but can be time consuming). The entire process is fairly simple. Going through all of your shit, packing up that shit, moving that shit and then unpacking that shit elsewhere? By far the worst thing in the entire process.

Cleaning the old place wasn't even that bad for showings, open houses, etc. Keeping it clean while packing to move kind of sucked, but hiring a moving company to come in and carry out all of the aforementioned shit while tracking snow, salt, dirt, etc all over your house made the final clean-up before moving out an absolute pain in the ass as well.

Unless some hot, sexay blonde calls me up and asks me to move in with her, this will hopefully be the last move I make before hitting the old-folks home.

SiphonOfDestruction

I'm still around, just never here. I wish this place had more activity, I tried getting some groups to migrate here to no avail.

CRF still getting populated here and there.. Shame this place doesn't see many people.

I might come back and make a shitton of band threads anyway.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine mine and Magic's frustration, we've had our hands tied in many ways as far as recruiting members. We can't get Google to list us, our hands are tied there too. Our licence is up in late March, if we don't get re-newed this place will die and go away.
I'm still around, just never here. I wish this place had more activity, I tried getting some groups to migrate here to no avail.

CRF still getting populated here and there.. Shame this place doesn't see many people.

I might come back and make a shitton of band threads anyway.
BTW,...I'm done with CRF, pm me if you'd like to know why.

Last edited:

SiphonOfDestruction

Imagine mine and Magic's frustration, we've had our hands tied in many ways as far as recruiting members. We can't get Google to list us, our hands are tied there too. Our licence is up in late March, if we don't get re-newed this place will die and go away.

BTW, I'm done with CRF, pm me if you'd like to know why.
I have a handful of pricks ignored on there, so I share your sentiments...

But you just have to find the right threads. I stick to the what are you listening to threads, band threads, and similar content, because people take those forum games so seriously. They treat it like a religious ritual. I could tell someone on there I sacrificed a goat for the sake of the game and they would approve lol.

I feel for you and Magic though, and miss seeing you guys...
I just wonder why Google won't list the site?

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
I have a handful of pricks ignored on there, so I share your sentiments...

But you just have to find the right threads. I stick to the what are you listening to threads, band threads, and similar content, because people take those forum games so seriously. They treat it like a religious ritual. I could tell someone on there I sacrificed a goat for the sake of the game and they would approve lol.

I feel for you and Magic though, and miss seeing you guys...
I just wonder why Google won't list the site?
Thanks for the above post! I appreciate it. I will be removing the last part (of my post #49) for obvious reasons, I just wanted some of our core members to see it and know why I'm not on CRF anymore.

As far as google, it takes a request from the site owner to get listed.

I'd like to say that CRF is a great site, but there are individuals there who should have been banned a long time ago, the staff there allows them to stay, and even drive good people away, I don't understand it.

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

I'm still around, just never here. I wish this place had more activity

I've been listening to a lot of the same stuff I've already posted, which is why I haven't been posting much lately. I guess I could always make some more band threads, but most of my absolute favorites are already accounted for on here.

Shockingly, I've actually backtracked somewhat and have been listening to a ton of Marduk lately...even their latest two albums...

Lynch

As far as google, it takes a request from the site owner to get listed.
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous, both that you guys haven't been able to get him to add it, as well as the google bots not being smart enough (or inclined enough) to even recognize that this site exists.

You can go to google and type : www.hardrockforums.com and you will get a long list of other sites, but even with the full and complete URL name here, it still doesn't show up. That's F'd.

I'd like to say that CRF is a great site, but there are individuals there who should have been banned a long time ago, the staff there allows them to stay, and even drive good people away, I don't understand it.
I would agree whole heartedly. The site has been on the decline for a few years now and the reason(s) I originally left it a few years back are still partially in play. I mostly go there now as a time-waster when I'm at work and very rarely from home, unless I specifically want to talk to someone.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous, both that you guys haven't been able to get him to add it, as well as the google bots not being smart enough (or inclined enough) to even recognize that this site exists.

You can go to google and type : www.hardrockforums.com and you will get a long list of other sites, but even with the full and complete URL name here, it still doesn't show up. That's F'd.

I would agree whole heartedly. The site has been on the decline for a few years now and the reason(s) I originally left it a few years back are still partially in play. I mostly go there now as a time-waster when I'm at work and very rarely from home, unless I specifically want to talk to someone.
Every other search engine on earth lists us number one on a direct search, except the one we really need to list us. I've been searching google from almost day one to see if they list us, they never do. :(

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I thought I was off base thinking what I was thinking about CRF. There is one person there in particular who should be eliminated. I will say that the folks there made me feel like I was accepted right off the bat.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I was off base thinking what I was thinking about CRF. There is one person there in particular who should be eliminated. I will say that the folks there made me feel like I was accepted right off the bat.

And just what were you thinking? I know I liked your old hippie antics from day 1...... I miss playing those "rumor" games with you. You always have a good comeback.
:gig:

Latest posts