Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, other rock favorites version?

Mr. Gregory

This isn't rock music per se, but there's an adorable Japanese singer, Yukika, who lives in South Korea, sings in Korean, and has a couple of songs/videos in a Korean rhythm game I've been playing, DJMax Respect. The songs, Soul Lady and Neon (Neon 1989 in the game), are really good city pop songs and are challenging (for me) and fun to play through in the game. (City pop is 80's J-pop that contains elements of all sorts of different styles of music - funk, jazz, disco, soft rock, etc.)

I'm gonna give the album these songs are on, Soul Lady, a listen. If it's even half as good as these two songs are, I'll have to make a thread for her.

Soul Lady

Neon

Mr. Gregory

Our ears are funny things sometimes. When I first started branching out from metal into modern alternative/indie rock, Eleanor Friedberger was one of the artists I tried getting into. Her New View album had come out recently, and I bought it mostly off the strength of the first track, He Didn't Mention His Mother. Though I liked that song, I couldn't get into the rest of the album for whatever reason, and she quickly got lost in the shuffle.

Fast forward nearly 8 years, and that song randomly started playing in my head again. I went back and listened to it, and then I listened to another song from that album, Because I Asked You, which I don't remember liking before but suddenly like now. I put the album on, and while I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, it's really hitting different. I'm digging it. (y)

He Didn't Mention His Mother

Because I Asked You