Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, other rock favorites version?

Mr. Gregory

I listened to The Gathering's new album, Beautiful Distortion, today, their first since their 2013 album, Afterwords. Like their excellent 2012 album, Disclosure, I can see Beautiful Distortion growing on me with repeated listens. Sound-wise, it pretty much picks up right where Disclosure left off, which I think is a good thing.

Here's the sublime intro track, In Colour. :giggle:

I listened to The Gathering's new album, Beautiful Distortion, today, their first since their 2013 album, Afterwords. Like their excellent 2012 album, Disclosure, I can see Beautiful Distortion growing on me with repeated listens. Sound-wise, it pretty much picks up right where Disclosure left off, which I think is a good thing.

It's been a while since I last listened to The Gathering......great underrated band indeed :)

Now listening to Terry Brooks & Strange (later only Strange)......no, I mean it was 1973, not stoner Ks....just listen to that mesmerizing sound !!!

resize.jpeg

Did this album come out in April ?

Mr. Gregory

I recently got a new, better job with a commute long enough to listen to a full album on the way to and from work, which I've obviously enjoyed tremendously as a serious music listener. I've had The Accidentals' latest album, Vessel, and the Nier: Automata soundtrack on repeat all week. The latter is decidedly not rock/guitar-based in any way whatsoever, but it's just so good. (The game is great, too.)

Vessel's a pretty good album that grows on me more and more with each listen, much like their previous album (Odyssey) did. My current favorite song from Vessel is Marrow. Damascus Blades is another good one.

My two current favorite songs from the Nier: Automata soundtrack are Copied City (which is also the PS4 menu song for the game) and A Beautiful Song, which plays during a boss fight.