Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Virgin Steele

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
virgin-steele-1492706613_53_2560x1440.jpg

Official Website

Virgin Steele Facebook

Current Members:

Albums:
Wikipedia
Virgin Steele is an American heavy metal band from New York City, originally formed in 1981.

The band released a few career highlights albums (Noble Savage, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part II and Invictus). In recent years, they have enriched their sound with elements of musical theatre, progressive and symphonic metal, developing and writing projects such as the Metal Opera "The House of Atreus" (based on Oresteia and the Greek myth related to the Atreides) in 1999/2000 and the soundtrack for an imaginary movie Visions of Eden (A Barbaric Romantic Movie of the Mind) aka "The Lilith Project" (based on the Sumerian legend of Lilith) in 2006.

Virgin Steele is along the lines of Crimson Glory, Omen, Metal Church, and Leatherwolf. If you are familiar with those bands, then you should enjoy Virgin Steele.

frontg.jpg

This debut album reportedly earned praise from Metallica and Queensryche. Metallica especially liked the song Children of the Storm....
Source

Virgin Steele

Full Album, Enjoy!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
This album is considered by David Defeis as one of the most important albums in the band's history.
source

R-2786623-1508602542-2834_jpeg.jpg

Noble Savage

We Rule the Night

Full Album, Enjoy!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
R-3810879-1508602015-8230_jpeg.jpg

On the Wings of the NIght

Stay On Top (Uriah Heep cover)

Full Album, Enjoy!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
After the lack of support and success of Age of Consent, the band was on hiatus for 5 years. They got back together with a new bassist and released Life Among the Ruins. This album is a deviation from their previous musical style....it sounds more like a Whitesnake album, IMO.

Front.jpg

Snakeskin Voodoo Man

Love is Pain

Too Hot To Handle

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The House of Atreus Act I & Act II

The_House_of_Atreus_Act_I.jpg

61uLzq-sM-L._SY355_.jpg

I listened to both of these today. They are a metal opera. The concept is surrounded around Greek mythology and the tale of the murder of Agamemnon by Clytemnestra, the murder of Clytemnestra by Orestes, the trial of Orestes, and the end of the curse on the House of Atreus. The story is powerful, vicious, and very dark and the music is magnificent.

Act I

Act II

Note worthy pieces from act I:

Great Sword of Flame (this is where Agamemnon is murdered)

Gate of Kings (a ballad, of course!)

Note worthy pieces from act II:

Moira (another ballad)

Fire of Ecstasy