Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stoner The Well

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
DSC_0443-1-1.jpg

Website
Facebook

Discography:
  • Samsara (2014)
  • Pagan Science (2016)
  • Death and Consolation (2019)

Members:
  • Lisa Alley - Bass, Vocals
  • Ian Graham - Guitars, Vocals
  • Jason Sullivan - Drums

The Well are a psychedelic rock / stoner rock / stoner metal band from Texas, USA that formed in 2011.

music_phases5.jpg

Mortal Bones

The Eternal Well

Samsara

I was waiting for a band like The Well for a long time. When it seemed that stoner was repeating itself, bang pow....out comes The Well. I like their melody/harmony lines and their arrangements are simply different from other psych rock bands.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I was waiting for a band like The Well for a long time. When it seemed that stoner was repeating itself, bang pow....out comes The Well. I like their melody/harmony lines and their arrangements are simply different from other psych rock bands.
Agreed! Thank you for introducing me to them. They definitely have a hard hitting sound of their own that is deeply rooted in the 60's psych.

Agreed! Thank you for introducing me to them. They definitely have a hard hitting sound of their own that is deeply rooted in the 60's psych.
Yes, I think the best modern psych bands out there have roots in the 60s when it all started...I feel the more "garagey" sounding bands like Lords of Altamont, Miracle Workers, Plan 9, YRd Trauma, etc. are appealing to me.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know any of those bands you mentioned. You should make some threads and introduce them :)