Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumplestiltskin

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Members:
Alan Parker (The Axe Man) - Guitar
Herbie Flowers (The Master) - Bass
Clem Cattini (The Drum Lord) - Drums
Alan Hawkshaw (The Hammerin’ Hammond Honcho) - keyboards
Peter Stirling (Sterling Silver Voice) – vocals

Rumplestiltskin was a hard rock/ heavy psychedelic rock/ blues rock band from the UK, made up of session musicians who knew how to create and execute some great music. They put out 2 albums before disbanding. Both of these albums are lost classic gems. This was a group of guys who knew how to do it but got hooked up with a record company who did them no justice...........

The debut album, Rumplestiltskin (1970), has it all......monster guitar hooks, a bass that shakes the floor, a melting hot Hammond, and a soulful voice piercing through the music. The whole album is good!!!

61W2plejD5L__SX425_.jpg

Make Me Make You

Rumplestiltskin

And if you have the time...the full album:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The 2nd and last album, Black Magician (1971)

51-9CbsOMFL__SX425_.jpg

I Am The Last Man

I've Had Enough Of The Army

Through The Looking Glass

If you have time, the full album:

Hammy

Oh yeah, the first album is great from beginning to finish. Can't remember where I first heard it, youtube maybe. If you like this kind of stuff, you should check out early Walter Rossi, Charlee (not Charlie, which is a totally different type band). Walter Rossi would make a thread all of his own he has been involved in so much. Fantastic guitar player, and underrated player.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Really good stuff, I love how there are so many great obscure bands from the seventies that I've never heard before, thanks Miss Magic!