Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Manowar

Official Website

Members

Joey DeMaio
Eric Adams
Karl Logan
Marcus Castellani

Discography
Studio albums With links to album information & Vids.

Battle Hymns (1982)
Into Glory Ride (1983)
Hail to England (1984)
Sign of the Hammer (1984)
Fighting the World (1987)
Kings of Metal (1988)
The Triumph of Steel (1992)
Louder Than Hell (1996)
Warriors of the World (2002)
Gods of War (2007)
The Lord of Steel (2012)

Manowar is an American heavy metal band from Auburn, New York. Formed in 1980, the group is known for lyrics based on fantasy (particularly sword and sorcery) and mythology (particularly Norse mythology and Greco-Roman mythology). The band is also known for a loud and bombastic sound. In an interview for MTV in February 2007, bassist Joey DeMaio lamented that "these days, there's a real lack of big, epic metal that is drenched with crushing guitars and choirs and orchestras... so it's nice to be one of the few bands that's actually doing that." In 1984 the band was included in the Guinness Book of World Records for delivering the loudest performance, a record which they have since broken on 2 occasions. They also hold the world record for the longest heavy metal concert after playing for 5 hours and 1 minute in Bulgaria (at Kavarna Rock Fest) in 2008. They also have been known for their slogan "Death to false metal".
from wikipedia.org

Last edited:

Pat Catalano

You met Joey DeMaio? Be still my heart.....

Any Photos?
LOL no photos. At the time it was just a business meeting. I was in a new band with David Shankle who was in Manowar and we signed with DeMaio's Magic Circle Records label so we had a sit down meeting with him. My opinion of him is based off my business dealings with the guy.