Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living Colour

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Living Colour

Members:

Albums: (with links to album info)

Living Colour rose to fame with their debut album Vivid in 1988. Although the band scored a number of hits, they are best remembered for their signature anthem "Cult of Personality", which won a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance in 1990. They were also named Best New Artist at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards and won their second Grammy Award for their follow-up album Time's Up. After disbanding in 1995, Living Colour reunited in late 2000.[
(From Wiki)

Just in case you haven't heard "Cult Of Personality".....

This band definitely has a very diverse sound, which is evident in the follow-up album to the debut, Time's Up.

times-up-4fdca066c8147.jpg

Time's Up

Fight the Fight

Type

DrMaddVibe

I remember the 1st time I heard them on the radio with "Cult"...I remember sitting there with friends watching MTV back in the day after school...ahem doing homework...yeah...that's it...homework...and seeing them perform and then seeing them open up for the Rolling Stones in a matter of months. I've paid attention to them ever since.

(my personal fave...love the vocals!)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Yes he is, and he doesn't get mentioned that often. Highly underrated.

Hammy

Dr. MadVibe already posted a couple songs off the last album, Shade. The opener track is outstanding. Vernon Reid rips it up and Wimbish lays the bass beats all the way to the basement

Freedom of Expression