Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greta Van Fleet

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
Greta%2520Van%2520Fleet%2520v2.jpg

Greta Van Fleet Official Website

Members:
  • Josh Kiszka – lead vocals (2012–present)
  • Jake Kiszka – lead guitar (2012–present)
  • Sam Kiszka – bass guitar, keyboards (2012–present)
  • Danny Wagner – drums (2013–present)

Discography:
  • 2017 EP Black Smoke Rising
  • 2017 EP From The Fires
  • Anthem of the Peaceful Army (2018)
  • The Battle at Garden's Gate (2021)

A bunch of 20 something guys from the little town of Frankenmuth, Michigan. Guitar driven rock is alive and well.

DrMaddVibe

I've been listening to them A LOT!!!

On their debut album they have 3 songs that sound like they were ripped from the basement vaults of Led Zeppelin. Actually the first time I heard "Flower Power" I really thought it was some lost track that I hadn't heard of that was unearthed...that's a near impossibility with my library of music.

There are other songs where I hear Janis Joplin and the Big Brother Holding Company and one that has elements of early Rush circa Fly By Night/ Caress of Steel.

The future is so bright for them and I am thankful that someone picked up the Hammer of the Gods and decided to do something with it besides synthesize it or autotune it. Good old fashioned Rock is very hard to come by. I want to see them live so bad but they're only coming to Miami or Jacksonville and I'm smack dab in the middle with a complicated busy life. oh well...I'll see them somewhere!

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
Radio today sucks so bad. Here you have a true blue rock band and not one station in the Grand Rapids area plays them. Support our music for Gods sake. The only station I here them regularly on is WQON out of Grayling and I have to listen to them on the net.

DrMaddVibe

Radio today sucks so bad. Here you have a true blue rock band and not one station in the Grand Rapids area plays them. Support our music for Gods sake. The only station I here them regularly on is WQON out of Grayling and I have to listen to them on the net.
Corporate Radio sucks.
Support the band by buying the material online!!! That's what I did!

Lynch

I just don't understand why some people hate them!
Have you not heard them!?

;)

Ok, fair question, here's my answer. One listen was all I needed to hate them. The music sounds good, bass, guitars, drums.. all sound fine, but also sound like they are a clone of about 3 different bands from the 70's, most obvious being LZ.

Then there's this dildo:
1557802007333.png

Want to know why some of us hate them, more than them trying to be LZ clones, this kid is fucking awful. I mean, nails on a chalk board awful. I mean, masturbating with a cheese grater awful. I mean, ice picks in my ear canal would hurt less. His vocals are among the most annoying I have ever heard in my life. Not just that i don't like them... no, I reserve "I don't like them" for a long list of boring AF singers like Thom Yorke from Radiohead. Bruce Springsteen's vocals suck, but he's a lead singer of a GD angelic choir compared to Josh.

Then there are the interviews and his stage persona. I'd rather watch Oprah hump a hippo. I'd rather watch a Jerry Springer marathon, back to back with a Maury Povich marathon. I'd ALMOST rather go blind than watch that kid on stage or in front of a camera.

1557802373351.png

joker1961

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
I have yet to really listen to them, I've heard little snippets here and there. I can't make up my mind whether I like them or not.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I happen to like them. My kids are obsessed with them, so I hear them A LOT.

715ByyULmYL._SL1200_.jpg

You're The One

Brave New World