Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symphonic Dark Moor

Suh Dude

Dark Moor

This band is probably one of the most gratifying bands to talk about right now on this forum, mostly because I've gone through phases in my life where I absolutely hated this band, to absolutely loving this band, and repeat for several years on end. I've finally gotten to a point where I just don't really care about what people think about the bands that I like or dislike, and this is certainly one of them.

Dark Moor are good at what they do, and what they do is some heart pounding symphonic power metal. And I know that's a bit of a mouthful but trust me, it's great. Not only do you get the raw human power from power metal, but you also get the classical side of symphonic metal mixed in. They started back in 1993, and since their arrival, they've collectively created 10 studio albums, and several demos and EP's, with the most recent album being Project X in 2015.

I won't sit here and say that all their albums are fantastic, but the ones that are fantastic are truly fantastic. Take a listen to a track I absolutely love from their 2007 release, Tarot