Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sludge Metal Baroness

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Baroness – Baroness

Current Members:
Albums: (with links to album info)

Baroness play an eclectic type heavy metal.......for the most part sludge metal / progressive metal but can be very melodic. This band comes from Savannah, Georgia, and they are about as far as you can get from southern rock. They have toured with the likes of Mastodon and Metallica.

The artwork on the albums stands out.......it was done by John Baizley, the vocalist. He has also done artwork for other bands, too.

Red Album

Blue Record

Yellow & Green album

Purple album

From the first album, Red, Wanderlust

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

And for your enjoyment......from the outstanding Purple album:
Shock Me
That's the only album of theirs that I own, and it's a good one. Try to Disappear is my favorite song off of that one.

The production on that album does it no justice, but I mean, I've listened to stuff that sounds like it was recorded with a toaster, so it's all good.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
That's the only album of theirs that I own, and it's a good one. Try to Disappear is my favorite song off of that one.

The production on that album does it no justice, but I mean, I've listened to stuff that sounds like it was recorded with a toaster, so it's all good.

I actually like a raw sound, unless it comes from a toaster or tin can....lol. Sometimes over production isn't that good either.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The Gold & Grey album will be released June 14, 2019

baroness-gold-and-grey.jpg

Tracklist:
01. Front Toward Enemy
02. I’m Already Gone
03. Seasons
04. Sevens
05. Tourniquet
06. Anchor’s Lament