Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
42C7E2C4-D926-48DA-B89F-AEE4E2D42878.jpeg

Official Website

Members:
  • Steven Tyler
  • Joe Perry
  • Brad Whitford
  • Tom Hamilton
  • Joey Kramer
Albums:

My all time, hands down, no doubt about it.....favorite band. The bad boys from Boston and Toxic Twins need no introductions. Aerosmith has made one great album after another. I love them all!!!!

If you were to ask me to choose a favorite, I would say it has to be Get Your Wings.

Woman of the World

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, it's a deeper cut.

You never hear hear this one either. It's got character for an Aero song.

Taste of India

DrMaddVibe

Then there's the song that made me want to pick up a guitar...

The 2:51 till the end of the song...I crank up the ending to hear it all the way...wish there was more.

Sadly...I discovered I was always going towards the root of a song and learned if you can't do it with just 4 strings than more aren't going to help!

DrMaddVibe

Not really a fan of the albums after Permanent Vacation. The got hooked on Desmond Child when they really didn't need him. The guy is a hitmaker for sure but the Toxic Twins were already doing it before. If anything I'd say Desmond weakened the "sauce" that was there by making them more pop rock than the hard rock icons they were. Really is hard to take quotes like..."I snorted half of Peru" when you're playing "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" seriously. Then again...it's Steven. "Music From Another Dimension" was so damned terrible I couldn't listen to it more than 2 times. I really couldn't believe it was them. The only one trying was Kramer. When you're saying the drummer is the best part of the entire record and the band isn't Rush..."Houston, we have a problem!"

So with Aerosmith we spawned off...The Joe Perry Project, Whitford/Holmes and the Hollywood Vampires...All are worth a listen...

One song was redone with Steven and is a concert staple...

To be fair...the quid pro quo was Joe had to play...

The ONLY song off the Perry-less Aerosmith worth his talent.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Why is it...I ALWAYS like the deeper cuts on albums than anything they ever play commercially?

Oh well...
Me, too. I do like a lot of the radio friendly songs, especially the 70's material.

I don't play guitar or anything but Combination got me hooked on the deeper, darker guitar sounds......and a BASS!! Tommy Hamilton nails it.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Not really a fan of the albums after Permanent Vacation.

So with Aerosmith we spawned off...The Joe Perry Project, Whitford/Holmes and the Hollywood Vampires...All are worth a listen...
After Permanent Vacation, the albums were hit and miss. There are some good stuff but you have to do the ole skip this play that routine. I do like Nine LIves, though.

I am a Hollywood Vampires fan and the Whitford/St. Holmes album is decent.

I haven't paid too much attention to the Joe Perry Project, to be honest.

DrMaddVibe

I don't play guitar or anything but Combination got me hooked on the deeper, darker guitar sounds......and a BASS!! Tommy Hamilton nails it.

From the git go Joe is hitting the strings with the volume off and dialing it up and then back down...hitting another chord and turning the knob back up until he goes off into a frenzy. The other track I posted from "Night In The Ruts" almost does the same thing.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
found this pic of Joe Perry....since we don't have a Hollywood Vampires thread yet, I thought I would share it here.

DdcAZWTV4AAMF1X.jpg

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
On June 27, 1994, Geffen Records made history by releasing the first major record label song available for exclusive digital download. 10,000 CompuServe customers downloaded the song in the first week. It took approx. 60 - 90 minutes to download.

It was "Head First"..

Source

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Screen-Shot-2019-04-07-at-10_26_12-PM-e1554690391961.png

Setlist:

01. Train Kept A-Rollin’
02. Mama Kin
03. Back In The Saddle
04. Kings And Queens
05. Sweet Emotion
06. Hangman Jury
07. Seasons of Wither
08. Stop Messin’ Around
09. Cryin’
10. Livin’ On The Edge
11. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
12. Love In The Elevator
13. Toys in The Attic
14. Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
Encores:
15. Dream On
16. Walk This Way

Train Kept A Rollin & Mama Kin (fan shot footage)

Seasons of Wither (fan shot footage)

Dream On (The Encore)