Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Lust

axepire

Hey, this is a hard rock track by a non hard rock band. Pink Floyd. This track got me checking their back catalog since it's so different from the others in The Wall.

I really dug the grittyness, hardness, raw edgy feeling ot gave off its riffs. So I reckoned their early demos could harbor such amazing hardrocking (they would easily start off as hard rock, before becoming progressive, other than the other way round).

So I'll say I was not as lucky, Even as Aerosmith didn't satisfy my need for such grittyness, (must be really similar in riff edginess). Just recommend away the next closest similar tracks/releases.

Speed King

Content Creator
Welcome to Hard Rock Forums axepire! Are you looking for more gritty tracks from Pink Floyd?, or just gritty hard rock tracks in general?
Either way you came to the right place. I don't know of anything similar to young lust out there but I do know of a lot of gritty songs from other bands. Let me know exactly what you're looking for and I'm sure I can come up with suggestions. Also, create an introduction thread about yourself in the introductions section of forum anouncments, that way we can all officially welcome you to the site :)

BTW, Young Lust is an excellent song and has always been a favorite of mine on The Wall.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
For dirt and grit I LOVE Aerosmith. But if that isn’t the guitar grit you are looking for I can list others .... most grit is rooted in blues rock

Deep Purple - Highway Star
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Free - Remember
Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes

just about all southern rock of the 70’s is down with the dirt & grit. My favorites are Blackfoot And Molly Hatchet.

axepire

Welcome to Hard Rock Forums axepire! Are you looking for more gritty tracks from Pink Floyd?, or just gritty hard rock tracks in general?
Either way you came to the right place. I don't know of anything similar to young lust out there but I do know of a lot of gritty songs from other bands. Let me know exactly what you're looking for and I'm sure I can come up with suggestions. Also, create an introduction thread about yourself in the introductions section of forum anouncments, that way we can all officially welcome you to the site :)

BTW, Young Lust is an excellent song and has always been a favorite of mine on The Wall.
Sweet. I think from other bands is where I want em from. I doubt the Floyd have other gritty tracks.

drop them away

Magic, Remember by Free sounds like a slow tempo version of Young Lust. Still in the direction of what I'm looking for.

DrMaddVibe

There's tons of "grit" in Pink Floyd. You have to explore their earlier releases to find it. From Piper At The Gates Of Dawn through Obscured By Clouds. Once Dark Side Of The Moon was released they almost never went back to their edgier sounds. Judging from the solo works of all I'd say it's more of a Syd and Roger effect on Pink Floyd as David and Richard's works don't display any of that at all.

Latest posts