Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrash Metal Xentrix

SiphonOfDestruction

Love these UK thrashers. Back when it was my first time in college, we used to do nothing but listen to 90s thrash and smoke pot lol. A friend played For Whose Advantage? for me and I fell in love with the album. It's driven by sheer, catchy riffage! An excellent, mid-paced thrash release...

SiphonOfDestruction

The band's newest release doesn't feature the original frontman, sadly, whose vocals are somewhat reminiscent of James Hetfield's... But it's a great album. The vocals do no shame and are just as good as before, imo.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I like 'em. I like mid-tempo thrash, personally.

I like the 2 videos posted in the OP and I have skipped through the full 2019 album posted. I was paying special attention to the vocals. I sorta like the gravel & gruff of the new vocalist....reminds me of Mustaine......lol. But the vocalist on the vids in the OP are definitely very Hetfieldish (and much better than the new vocalist)

The new album is faster paced but melodic, and I like that combo, not nearly as much as I like a mid-tempo, though.

SiphonOfDestruction

I like 'em. I like mid-tempo thrash, personally.

I like the 2 videos posted in the OP and I have skipped through the full 2019 album posted. I was paying special attention to the vocals. I sorta like the gravel & gruff of the new vocalist....reminds me of Mustaine......lol. But the vocalist on the vids in the OP are definitely very Hetfieldish (and much better than the new vocalist)

The new album is faster paced but melodic, and I like that combo, not nearly as much as I like a mid-tempo, though.
I wholeheartedly agree, and I think For Whose Advantage? is their strongest release ever. It is chock full of catchy switch-ups, all around the same pace. It is well-structured...

Yeah, the new vocals fit just right and sound just as good, but isn't nearly as great as Chris Astley's.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I will have to check out more. Thanks, Siphon for sharing this band! I'll report back once I have had time to give a full album a listen and offer up some good first impressions (y)