Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

I pretty much always have some song, part of a song, or riff playing in my head. The portion of this song that starts at around 5:05 popped into my head the other day. I knew it was from a Be'lakor song, but I couldn't remember what it was called or what album it was on. It's Whelm, from Vessels.

:roflmao

are thee not a Metallica fan?
Apart from Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters, all the rest is rather average material. Mustaine is a waaaaaaaaay better artist than any of Metallica put together :). It's funny how things repeat in rock: it's like the eternal conflict between mods & rockers, the Stones and Beatles ......and now Metallica vs Megadeth....:)

Last edited:
@triptych @Mr. Gregory @Oldhippie@Riff_Raff
Ok….let’s test that eternal conflict. I googled their masterpiece Albums…..here we go!

Rust In Peace

vs

Master of Puppets

What’s your pick & why?
Rust. I. P. is musically more HM than M of P.
The Megadeth songs are well-arranged and Mustaine's axe explores the vast world of HM in all its might. Megadeth write songs about the real anti-Matrix world out there while probably Metallica has more of a shadowy epic touch in their lyrics, which I don't fancy much.

Show No Mercy. :gig:

Slayer's the only one of the Big Four that I've actually listened to. I'm not really a thrash guy.
Slayer immediately appealed to me from day 1 - Tom Araya is the greatest of his genre ! After Slayer, I'd say my next best band is surely Testament ....the vocals on their albums was spawned in Hades, I swear !!? :):)