Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

Ahh, I remember why I shied away from 'em after listening to their Bloom album just now. There's just way too much profanity for me on some of the tracks. I'm not a big fan of music with a ton of profanity in it, and I particularly loathe softer sounding music with profanity in it. Don't ask me why. It's just always been a pet peeve of mine. Maybe it's because of all that gangster rap I used to listen to back in the day.

Oh well. While I'm on the prog kick, this song (and album) by Ne Obliviscaris is friggin' amazing. I can't believe I haven't posted anything from them yet.

Mr. Gregory

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted any After Forever or ReVamp yet. I could have sworn I did already.

Floor Jansen is making great music with Nightwish, and I'm really happy about that, but I hate the fact that her two previous bands no longer exist. I almost hesitate to even bother making threads about them for that reason alone. :(

In any event, both of these albums are great.

Mr. Gregory

Blood Stain Child is an interesting Japanese metal band. They combine electronic elements with Gothenburg-style melodic death metal riffs. They're definitely different, but they're good. I was listening to their album Epsilon again tonight for the first time in a long time. I forgot how good it is.

Sadly, Sophia Aslanidou (the female vocalist on that album) left the band. She's now working on her own project, Season of Ghosts. This song is from her debut album (and only album so far), The Human Paradox, which I also listened to again tonight. That girl is so adorable. I love her vocals.

Mr. Gregory

I was also listening to some Blind Guardian tonight. They're a power metal band that can be cheesier than a stuffed crust six-cheese pizza with extra cheese at times. This is a long album, and I only got about halfway through it, but I like it so far. It made for perfect background music while I was playing BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. I'll listen to the rest of it tomorrow. Here's the opener.