Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

My girl Amalie Bruun (Myrkur) gets a decent amount of hate from some folks for reasons that I don't understand, but I love her music. This album came out last year and was really good. I like putting it on in the morning on the way to work, to set a nice, gloomy mood for the day. LOL.

This particular song isn't very metal, but whatever. Ha ha.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
My girl Amalie Bruun (Myrkur) gets a decent amount of hate from some folks for reasons that I don't understand, but I love her music. This album came out last year and was really good. I like putting it on in the morning on the way to work, to set a nice, gloomy mood for the day. LOL.

This particular song isn't very metal, but whatever. Ha ha.

An acquired taste, my friend. New to me. symphonic and gothic, yet black. make a thread.....intro me to them. ;)

Mr. Gregory

@Mr. Gregory inspired me to dig out some Xandria.

Like most other symphonic metal bands, they change vocalists like I change underwear, but I love them. Their album "Sacrificium" was a masterpiece IMO.

I was so disappointed when Manuela Kraller left, and now I'm even more upset that Dianne van Giersbergen is gone! WTF!? :(

Lynch

W.A.S.P. - Golgotha

WOW, I don't think I've listened to this song before (from the album of the same name that came out in 2015). VERY good, emotional song. Love everything about it. The lyrics, the emotion, the feeling of despair ... and that outro solo?! Wow! Not so much a technically amazing solo, but the feeling in that outro solo fits so well with the rest of the theme in this song.

I am DEFINITELY needing to go out and buy this album!

Lynch

I know nothing of this band other than that they came across my desktop via just allowing youtube to go from one song to the next. I have no idea how I ended up here, but I'm not too disappointed.

Firewind - Ode to Leonidas

Not a bad song, especially for just hearing it for the first time. I will say though, the video is cheesy as fuk. It reminds me of a higher budget yet lame as hell hard rock vids that we saw in the 80's. So, I guess if I explore any more of their music, it will be in the background and not actually watching the vids. :LOL: