Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ladies of rock (in general)

Well, a mate of mine said " why talk about women in rock ?" I answered "why not?" .
Let's face it ..... women have excelled in rock ever since Janis Joplin hit the scenes.
C'mon let's give the ladies a hand of applause too :)
One of my fav rockin' ladies

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
It’s hard to believe a black woman was rocking a mean ass blues guitar like that back in to 1940’s

It’s hard to believe a black woman was rocking a mean ass blues guitar like that back in to 1940’s
Sometimes I think women need to take the lead in a way in music, but also in art, literature, culture, etc. 'Tis about time I think....and I say this as a male:).
I work in an all female office and I love it. We get along very well and I know the girls for a long time.....20 years....there are times when we fight and differ in our ideas, but basically there is max respect and no chauvinism.
I love all women :)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Memphis Minnie…..she has even been covered by Led Zeppelin.

her story is sad. She died in a nursing home and was buried in an unmarked grave. Bonnie Raitt gave her grave a headston.

here it is…..When The Levee Breaks

Memphis Minnie…..she has even been covered by Led Zeppelin.

her story is sad. She died in a nursing home and was buried in an unmarked grave. Bonnie Raitt gave her grave a headston.

here it is…..When The Levee Breaks

That was SRT again ...... anyway, I didn't know Memphis Minnie ....till now...Ty :)