Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sting and The Police

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

The Police L to R: Stewart Copeland, Sting (Gordon Sumner), Andy Summers

Sting Official Website

The Police Official Website

The Police Albums:

Sting Albums:

The Police were a British rock band. Their sound is part punk, part pop, part reggae and considered new wave. They put out 5 chart topping albums, with their last album, Synchronicity, being the band's most successful album.

After the dissolution of The Police, Sting went solo. Sting has enjoyed a very long and successful solo career and is still active....

Fragile, live, June 22, 2018 Athens, Greece. featuring singer Shaggy.

DrMaddVibe

What about...

Contrary to popular belief...The Police were much larger than Sting. Sting has denied fans of what should be for decades with crappy solo records that are unlistenable or might have one decent song. Ironically...I feel his best solo song is

Even THAT would've been made better with Copeland and Summers. To me it's the closest he's ever coming to recapturing the sound that made him famous (circa Synchronicity). I mourn for the band like the Talking Heads and the Clash. They were that damned good and should still be making music. Their output is one of the smallest but the power on those 5 records is nothing short of sheer genius. Their bravery of fusing Rock, Reggae, World and Punk worked and nobody has come close to them.

DrMaddVibe

From the vaults of my personal curse...songs that never caught on...one from each album...my faves by The Police

While others were gushing over radio hits...I was listening to the drumming of one of the Top 10 drummers to hit the skins, the most underrated guitarist that never gets mentioned and an egomaniacal bassist with fills that made your hips want to create babies. All 3 could sing and could take the lead spot at any time...when they chose to employ harmonies...it worked. I really want there to be more output from them but, I just don't think it will happen. Sting is that big of a dick.