Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pink Floyd Time Machine

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
If you could go back in time and see a Pink Floyd concert which tour would it be? Why?

DrMaddVibe

The show they filmed in Pompeii

They were still in Syd mode at this point and hadn't shed their psychedelic freak out playing to the more serene and intelligent stylings that were to come...but it was there...not refined in the studio yet! This is the best of both worlds to me.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, @DrMaddVibe I think that would be the number 1 concert film....although the film from 1972 had no audience except the filming crew.

PULSE is another breath taking concert. Shine On You Crazy Diamond will make you melt into the chair....

If I could go back in time, I would have loved to have seen the DSOTM tour in '72/'73. Back then Pink Floyd was called "Experimental" by the critics. They weren't exactly the band that everyone ran out to buy their albums........UNTIL they saw them live. The show was full of visuals, none like anyone had ever seen. They definitely had that psychedelic freak show going.