Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Map

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I found this pretty cool website called "Music Map" When you type in a band name, the screen becomes filled with all kinds of band names swirling around. All these bands are suppose to be similar to the band you typed in. Once the swirling stops, your chosen band name will be In the middle of the screen with the bands that are most similar appearing closest to your chosen band.

Give it a try.....if nothing else, the swirling is entertaining. :gig:

Music Map

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I think I broke it. I entered Frumius Bandersnatch.

frumias bandersnatch?
Gnod don't know this one. Is the spelling correct? If so, please confirm it by clicking here

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I think I broke it. I entered Frumius Bandersnatch.

frumias bandersnatch?
Gnod don't know this one. Is the spelling correct? If so, please confirm it by clicking here

:gig:

I thought maybe you were having a bad spelling day ......until I clicked your link. Gnoosic is pretty cool except it only gives you ONE band choice from your favorite bands. o_O

BTW...it is spelled Frumious.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
It's not broken, it's faulty, I put in "Nazareth",...the two closest bands are Joe Walsh and Dan Fogelberg. :hah:
Dan Fogelberg?!! :gig:

I put Nazareth into the one that Hippie posted and it also came up Joe Walsh. It should be noted that both of our links are run by Gnod.

I found an even better site for discovering similar artists, other than Last.fm, and it's called Similar-Artist.com. If you plug Nazareth into that site it brings up Uriah Heep, Rainbow, Deep Purple, and UFO.

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
Closest to Air Supply is Loverboy and Mister mister.

I see that, All Out of Love and Workin for The Weekend are similar.