Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lungs (2009)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Lungs
Artist: Florence + the Machine
Genre: Indie
Released: 2009

Tracks:
1 - Dog Days Are Over - 4:12
2 - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) - 3:52
3 - I'm Not Calling You a Liar - 3:05
4 - Howl - 3:34
5 - Kiss With a Fist - 2:04
6 - Girl With One Eye - 3:38
7 - Drumming Song - 3:43
8 - Between Two Lungs - 4:09
9 - Cosmic Love - 4:15
10 - My Boy Builds Coffins - 2:56
11 - Hurricane Drunk - 3:13
12 - Blinding - 4:40
13 - You've Got the Love - 2:48

CD 2
1 - Bird Song (intro) - 1:21
2 - Bird Song - 2:56
3 - Dog Days Are Over (demo) - 3:34
4 - Falling - 3:35
5 - Hardest of Hearts - 3:26
6 - Ghosts (demo) - 2:58
7 - Girl With One Eye (Bayou Percussion version) - 3:55

Overview:
Lungs is the debut album by English indie rock band Florence and the Machine, released on 3 July 2009 by Island Records. The album debuted at number two on the UK Albums Chart for five weeks after its release. On 10 January 2010 the album returned to number two extending its stay at the runner-up spot to six non-consecutive weeks. The following week it reached its new peak position of number one for two consecutive weeks. So far it has spent sixty-five consecutive weeks within the top forty and thirty-three of those inside the top ten. It also peaked at number two for six weeks on the Irish Albums Chart.
The album was a main contender for the 2009 Mercury Prize and received largely positive reviews from music critics. Additionally, it won the MasterCard British Album award at the 2010 BRIT Awards. Lungs has sold more than three million copies worldwide. Florence and the Machine recorded Lungs in the United Kingdom with four different producers—Paul Epworth (who has previously worked with several other British artists, including Bloc Party, Maximo Park and Kate Nash), James Ford (who is part of the electro group Simian Mobile Disco), Stephen Mackey (former member of Pulp) and newcomer Charlie Hugall. Most of the songs on the album were mixed by Cenzo Townshend. The album is noted for having a much more expansive production than Florence and the Machine's previously recorded demos.
Several songs on Lungs are about violence and death. When questioned about this by the NME, lead singer Florence Welch responded: "Well, what other subject is there? I remember realising that my parents were going to die and weeping. Weeping as if my father had actually died."

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB