Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEVEL & THE TOMS Both Come To CD For First Time May 26 via MRC

HEADS UP

Headline News

May 26 will be a busy day for the MelodicRock Classics and fans of the genre, with circumstances bringing several projects all to fruition at the same time. So why not give fans the option to dive into 4 classic albums at the same time? MelodicRock Classics is excited to unveil the next two of 4 releases due out May 26. Tommy Marolda is a respected Grammy nominated songwriter, musician, record producer, engineer and music publisher who has appeared on more than 50 albums either as an artist, producer or composer. Power pop fans will know Tommy as the architect of two magnificent bands in The Toms (est. 1979) and more recently Horizontal Ladies Club (1995). Working in the music business for more than 30 years, Tommy and his three bands, The Toms, Horizontal Ladies Club and Blue Toothpick, continue to record and release alternative and independent music. He has been nominated for a Grammy Award and has worked on gold and platinum albums with artists such as Cher, Bee Gees, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi and the Vegas Golden Knights NHL team. MelodicRock Records is thrilled to partner with Tommy for two projects, both of which will be released May 26. Starting with the first ever CD release of the classic The Toms 1986 power pop album ‘Yawning For Pleasure’. It’s the most AOR flavoured release of The Toms catalogue and has never been on CD until now. JK Northrup has overseen the remastering of the original master files, with the addition of four additional unreleased bonus tracks! MelodicRock Classics will make The Toms album available as part of its new 500 Series of titles – meaning one pressing, 500 units, then done. When it’s sold out its gone forever once again. Track Listing: 01. There Goes My Heart 4:04 02. One Man's Love 3:54 03. Hey! What's The Meaning Of Love 3:40 04. Winter White 3:16 05. Under The Eyes Of Love 3:55 06. The Object 3:36 07. L.A. Moonlight 3:41 08. The Physics Of Waiting (Guitar Solo by Richie Sambora) 3.52 Bonus Tracks: 09. Used Heart Lot 4.58 10. Are You A Man 3.31 11. Mixed Up Shook Up Girl 2.57 12. We’re In A Class of Our Own 4.01 Also coming out May 26 is the second Tommy Marolda project, this one being a real hidden gem for fans of early 80s AOR and pomp rock fans – the one and only album by USA band Level. Level’s 1982 self-titled release is another of those lost classics, a real AOR obscurity that was only ever issued on LP and even that now fetches huge prices. Tommy produced and engineered the album as well as co-writing one track. Here he has again provided the masters for JK Northrup to upgrade, adding the extra track not credited on the LP artwork and an exclusive previously unreleased bonus track. Level featured the line-up of: Frank Jerome - Lead Vocals Bob Chevalier - Keyboards Brian McIntyre - Bass Mark Massiello - Drums Geri Gates - Lead Guitar Track Listing: 01. Living In My World 3:28 02. Tell Your Love To Last 4:13 03. Let Me Love You 4:22 04. Until Tomorrow 3:47 05. On My Own 3:03 06. You've Got Running On Your Mind 3:52 07. Permanent Scar 3:52 08. Be My Girl 3:31 09. Could You Believe In Love 3:07 Bonus Track: 10. You Know Where You’re Headed 3.38 Both remastered CDs will be released May 26, with The Toms limited to 500 units only.
Categories:
MelodicRock Classics Label

Continue reading...

Latest posts