Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High school reunions

Today social media networks seem to have sent the idea of high school reunions to oblivion......everyone else already knows what you're up to these days because of FB; but HSR are not 100% gone.
I've been to one of them and loved it ...like I loved my high school daZe ....but some wild things can happen :)

BuzzFeed: People Who've Attended Their High School Reunions Are Spilling The Drama, And These Are Some Wild, IRL Plot Twists.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/victoriavouloumanos/class-reunion-horror-stories

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I went to my 20th reunion and was sad to learn of all the people who died way to young. My high school boyfriend passed when he was 47 and I didn't know. But it was fun to see the few people who did show up.

Mr. Gregory

#13 and #18 from that article were my favorites. I can't believe somebody actually showed up to their high school reunion with their paycheck, and I really can't believe someone held on to a grudge for 55 years over something that happened in 7th grade. Breh...

#13 and #18 from that article were my favorites. I can't believe somebody actually showed up to their high school reunion with their paycheck, and I really can't believe someone held on to a grudge for 55 years over something that happened in 7th grade. Breh...

Hi there. Grudges are a common thing of this kind of reunion. My HS reunion was cool coz I (we) had the time of our lives in HS.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@Speed King I went to my 20th just to see who would show up and see how fat and out of shape everyone was. :gig: There weren't that many people there, but the head cheerleader (who thought her ass was a cream puff and everyone wanted a bite) did show up. She was HUGE and I didn't even recognize her. I guess her ass DID turn into a cream puff. LOL

@Speed King I went to my 20th just to see who would show up and see how fat and out of shape everyone was. :gig: There weren't that many people there, but the head cheerleader (who thought her ass was a cream puff and everyone wanted a bite) did show up. She was HUGE and I didn't even recognize her. I guess her ass DID turn into a cream puff. LOL
Hahahahaha :)

Mr. Gregory

Hi there. Grudges are a common thing of this kind of reunion. My HS reunion was cool coz I (we) had the time of our lives in HS.
55 years, though? Come on, brother! (Him, not you, obviously.) :gig:

As a person who doesn't typically hold grudges, it really is amazing to me how long some people hold on to stuff. The one about the two guys who got into a fight over that girl they liked or dated in high school was pretty funny, too. I find the mere idea of fighting someone over a female that you're not even romantically involved with hilarious. Neither one of y'all are dating her now. Maaaaaannnnnn...

I'm like @Speed King. To each their own, but I haven't gone to any of my high school reunions and don't plan to. Most of my friends during that time were in the grade below me anyway. Heck, I even skipped prom.

55 years, though? Come on, brother! (Him, not you, obviously.) :gig:

As a person who doesn't typically hold grudges, it really is amazing to me how long some people hold on to stuff. The one about the two guys who got into a fight over that girl they liked or dated in high school was pretty funny, too. I find the mere idea of fighting someone over a female that you're not even romantically involved with hilarious. Neither one of y'all are dating her now. Maaaaaannnnnn...

I'm like @Speed King. To each their own, but I haven't gone to any of my high school reunions and don't plan to. Most of my friends during that time were in the grade below me anyway. Heck, I even skipped prom.
I agree, ya gotta move on with chicks hehehehe.....(sorry Magic , no offence ....you know I'm a lady's man at heart :)).
Said this , I invite you all to watch The Big Chill to really get what I'm on about. HS reunions have a sort of strange mystic aura about them that defies all logic of human behaviour. Ponder people ponder.

This year would have been my 50th. I went to my 20th and it was less than stellar.
Did you ask yourself why it was not so 'stellar' ? Perhaps you didn't like high school life at all ? Sociologists find that the latter is at the base of 90% of not liking HS reunions; but it baffles them as to why people still continue to go to these events regularly - your case is proof of this mystery.

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
Did you ask yourself why it was not so 'stellar' ? Perhaps you didn't like high school life at all ? Sociologists find that the latter is at the base of 90% of not liking HS reunions; but it baffles them as to why people still continue to go to these events regularly - your case is proof of this mystery.
No mystery at all. I had a huge class for my school. 43, yes 43 of us. 14 of us showed up.

No mystery at all. I had a huge class for my school. 43, yes 43 of us. 14 of us showed up.
Could be that some of them were sick, forgot, passed away, family problems/issues and so on.
On one of my school reunions, out of 30 ex-students, 21 showed up.....9 of them were either terminal or had passed :(:(