Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Metal Helloween

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
514d6f_0524ca0a4cfa49d5a1a062bcada25e93~mv2.png

Official Website

Current Members:

Albums:

Helloween is a German Power Metal band that formed in 1984. The album Keeper of the Seven Keys has been cited by critics as the album of the greatest influence to power metal. I would have to agree. I love the vocal style, which fits right in with Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Dio. I like both vocals of Kiske and Deris. An old friend introduced me to this band and genre of music quite a few years back with the album Pink Bubbles Go Ape followed by Chameleon. He said those were the "mellow" albums....lol. I fell in love with them!

Kids of the Century

SiphonOfDestruction

Along with acts like Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian, these groups are none other than quintessential power metal masters...

Some of my all-time favorites!! I've been spinning Keepers 1/2

SiphonOfDestruction

I cannot be the only one that even digs their more experimental sounding albums like Chameleon. Lol
Helloween has went through a handful of experimental changes and some are a little questionable but most are pretty good! I'm a huge fanboy of the band and have seen them before so that might be it..

Riff_Raff

Helloween has went through a handful of experimental changes and some are a little questionable but most are pretty good! I'm a huge fanboy of the band and have seen them before so that might be it..
Even the changes that are questionable honestly in terms of the album I found stuff to enjoy about them. There's no real shit nugget to find in this batch unlike some bands out there who have that standout uncovered shit. Sorry for the dirty metaphors but it really was useful to my point. Lol

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
New album released June 18, 2021. It's their 16th album!

1000x1000.jpg

Fear of the Fallen

Pumpkins United

Full album, enjoy!

Riff_Raff

I have always always always (did I say it enough) loved Helloween. I don't feel they ever made a bad album, I even like Chameleon, which a lot of people say sucks...
I also enjoy Chameleon along with other sound diverse albums like Pink Bubbles and The Dark Ride.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I also enjoy Chameleon along with other sound diverse albums like Pink Bubbles and The Dark Ride.
yeah, Pink Bubbles is decent, too. I guess you and I are just more open minded than the critics. I asked someone if they liked the new Iron Maiden album…..they replied, “All the Iron Maiden albums the last decade sound alike” :omg: lol

Riff_Raff

yeah, Pink Bubbles is decent, too. I guess you and I are just more open minded than the critics. I asked someone if they liked the new Iron Maiden album…..they replied, “All the Iron Maiden albums the last decade sound alike” :omg: lol
Critics for the most part I always take with a grain of salt because sometimes they are very biased against albums that tread past the conventional norm.

The 2010s Maiden albums have similarities but I heard enough differences on Frontier, Souls and Senjutsu. Lol

Riff_Raff

Skyfall is a fun lengthy track.

I do often like when Power Metal bands do a lengthy closing track. Ambitious but they never make it redundant or boring.