Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, Everyone!

Hey, it's me.

I've been keeping a low profile of late... work messing with my body and spirit.

I'm back on my old shift, and finally getting back to stuff I like.... like actually listening to music!

I prefer hard rock, though I have several styles I listen to. Of late, I am listening to a lot of early Whitesnake. Aerosmith never gets old to me. Ronnie James Dio I also adore! I also listen to more... cerebral types like Kate Bush, Tori Amos (The Beekeeper and earlier), as well as Neko Case, Steven Wilson, David Sylvian, and Americana-type artists like Eilen Jewell, Dave Alvin, The Detroit Cobras.

Hard rock has been a constant in my life. I have gone off into other styles, but the reality check for me is a live 4-piece churning out a mid-tempo danceable rhythm set to a minor chord, menacing guitar riff, sneering vocals, and the smell of cigarettes and beer. Ahhh.... now that's rock!