Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

discord

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
what is discord? I'm very confused what it is and how it can help the forum.

From my understanding it is for gamers.

Suh Dude

It is for gamers. I'm cool either way. I was more so just saying it's useful. Not necessarily for forums tho. We've got plenty of features that accomplish the same thing.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
It is for gamers. I'm cool either way. I was more so just saying it's useful. Not necessarily for forums tho. We've got plenty of features that accomplish the same thing.

I have seen it on a forum, though. It was one of those widgets on the side bar. But I couldn't figure out what it did. It looked like there were a bunch of people logged into the Discord widget, but none of them were actually in the forum.

If I thought it would help the forum, then I would think about adding it.

Suh Dude

I have seen it on a forum, though. It was one of those widgets on the side bar. But I couldn't figure out what it did. It looked like there were a bunch of people logged into the Discord widget, but none of them were actually in the forum.

If I thought it would help the forum, then I would think about adding it.
If anything, it'd probably just take the place of the chat box that most forums use. I wouldn't say it could necessarily help the forum but it certainly wouldn't impact it negatively. But, thr fact that people can join that aren't part of the forum could open the door to new members. That's just if someone has a popular discord that people frequent. It'd have to be a pretty well established base. Discord basically works as a separate chat room for gamers to talk to other gamers that they know. Most gamers I know follow people that also have a following on Youtube or Twitch. That's where most of the members come from.

So, it's certainly plausible that itd help the forum, but without an established base in the chatroom, I don't really know how it'd effect us negatively or positively.

Just my thoughts.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, @Suh Dude . Us old dinosaurs have to be taught about these new fangled thingies......lol. Maybe this is something that can be added down the road, as we get more members who are also gamers, with an interest in having such an addition to the forum.

For now, I'm going to work on adding a chat box. (y)

Suh Dude

No problem! That's what I'm here for!

Chat boxes are sweet. Very rarely have I ever seen them cause a negative effect.