Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deep Purple

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website

Members:

Ritchie Blackmore
Ian Gillan
Jon Lord
Roger Glover
Ian Paice

Albums: (The album name is a link the album thread with album video)

Shades Of Deep Purple 1968
The Book Of Taliesyn 1968
Deep Purple 1969
Deep Purple In Rock 1970
Fireball 1971
Machine Head 1972
Who Do We Think We Are 1973
Burn 1974
Stormbringer 1974
Come Taste The Band 1976
Perfect Strangers 1984
The House of Blue Light 1987
Slaves and Masters 1990
The Battle Rages On... 1993
Perpendicular 1996
Abandon 1998
Bananas 2003
Rapture Of The Deep 2005
Now What? 2013
Infinite 2017
Whoosh! (2020)

Probably my favorite band, it's where my user name comes from. From the first time I heard these guys I was instantly hooked. I had to hear more and more of their music. My favorite song changes from day to day, but Demon's Eye seems to be one that I never tire of.

Last edited:

DrMaddVibe

My son used to play this push button video game and every time he'd fire it up I'd have to walk into the room to watch this...

One of my favorite songs by them.

While this era is hated with disgust, I actually like this song and this entire album by them.

Slow Poke

One of my favorite bands! I always thought it was strange about Deep Purple, as soon as Glover and Gillan joined back in 1970, Deep Purple were a completely different band. Usually these transformations take time, but in Purple's case, it was like overnight. I love the stuff before "In Rock", but the music they made between 1970 and 1974 was magical.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Rod Evans and Nick Simper were both fired from Purple around the same time, apparently Blackmore thought Simper's bass playing was too old fashioned for a hard rock band.

Last edited:

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
I really like some of the lesser known songs from Machine Head, like Lazy, Pictures of Home, Maybe I'm a Leo, Never Before. I really like all the songs on the album, but the one's I haven't heard as much seem more special to me