Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHRIS ANTBLAD – Collected Works Vol. One, 6CD Set Due March 29 on MRC

HEADS UP

Headline News

PRE-ORDER NOW: MRC049 - CHRIS ANTBLAD MelodicRock Classics is thrilled to reunite with an old friend – Swedish singer/songwriter CHRIS ANTBLAD – for a 6CD Box Set ‘Collected Works, Volume 1’, a Limited Edition (500 Units) set, which takes in 6 of Chris’ studio albums from recent years, all previously only available via streaming and digital outlets. This is Chris Antblad’s first physical CD release since ‘A New Dawn’ in 2012. Chris first worked with MRC’s Andrew McNeice for the release of his debut solo album ‘Century’, back in 2011. This limited box set captures 6 acclaimed albums, plus several bonus tracks, exclusive for this release. Available for pre-order NOW, ‘Collected Works Volume 1’ will be released March 29 on MelodicRock Classics. About Chris Antblad: Chris Antblad was a big part of the songwriting and vocal talent behind the Spin Galley release ‘Standing Tall’, which came out on Atenzia Records in 2004. That's just the start - Chris Antblad has spent the better part of his adult life as a musician and primarily as a songwriter. A mix of versatility and exceptional lyricism, has led to many interesting collaborations over the years. Primarily, the songwriting has been concentrated on adult oriented rock music and country. Two styles of music that both are reliant on advanced vocal-parts and arrangements. After a few years of songwriting, the necessity for good demos fostered a vocal ability that in later years led to more and more vocal work. Growing up outside the Swedish music scene, there was little to choose from, in terms of vocalists, and necessity once again turned out to be the mother of invention. He was forced to learn the art of singing, and after a couple of uncomfortable years, he found himself a decent singer. Combined with the experience as a session keyboard player, with a lot of jazz under the belt, and decent abilities on guitar and bass, the quality of the work started to reach a professional level. The songwriting led to Nashville and collaborations with some of his heroes like John Bettis, Gary Baker, Eric Martin, Paul Carrack, Michael Jay, Joe Lynn Turner, John Capek, Randy Goodrum, Jay Graydon, Brett James and Wayne Kirkpatrick. His interest for AOR always lingered as a result of growing up in the 80-ies and has led to a long-time collaboration with Joe Lynn Turner and a few noted appearances, one of which was the noted one-off Spin Gallery project. ‘Chris Antblad – Collected Works Vol. 1’ Features: Disc One - Age Of Concord III: The Last Day Of Summer (2020) Disc Two - Age Of Concord: America (2020) Disc Three - Age Of Concord IV (2021) Disc Four - Age Of Concord 80 (2021) Disc Five - Sweet Surrender (2022) Disc Six - The End Of The Beginning (2022) Full Track Listing: DISC ONE Age Of Concord III: The Last Day Of Summer 01. Unbroken 02. Lion 03. The Last Day Of Summer 04. Mr. Preacherman 05. A Painting 06. My Heart's Forever Young 07. Tattoos 08. I Played The Piano And She Danced 09. I Prayed For Rain 10. When It Was Only You And Me 11. Words 12. Another Pointless Song (Bonus Track) 13. Hell Is Empty (Bonus Track) 14. Long Live The King (Bonus Track) DISC TWO Age Of Concord: America 01. When The Rain Is Done 02. Keep On Running 03. Bring Me Down 04. I Knew That Love Was Over 05. Just Hold On 06. Cry On My Shoulder 07. Love Is Nothing More 08. I’m Not Scared 09. A New Girl in Town 10. While Our Broken World Is Weeping 11. Show Me DISC THREE Age Of Concord IV 01. I Just Needed To Know 02. Breaking Away From The Hero 03. A Summer That Won’t End 04. White Man’s Overbite 05. Everyone Knows 06. Love Was Never Lost Along The Way 07. Mr. Primeminister 08. There Is A Light 09. The Days 10. Summer Has Finally Come 11. Music City 12. Song For My M 13. I Play The Game (Bonus Track) 14. Noice (Bonus Track) DISC FOUR Age Of Concord 80 01. It’s Summer Once Again 02. Lonely Nights 03. Through The Open Door 04. What If We Never Say Goodbye 05. Not Today 06. You Knew This Was Love 07. Run 08. I’ll Be Waiting 09. I’m Not Afraid To Come Closer 10. Here Between Now And Forever DISC FIVE Sweet Surrender 01. Love Was Easy 02. Once Again 03. What’s Not To Like 04. Time To Catch Another Wave 05. One-Way Ticket 06. When There Is Nothing To Hide 07. More Than We Dared To Pretend 08. Play Me A Song From The Old Days 09. Sweet Surrender 10. Praying For Another Day 11. Lie To Me 12. A Box Of Moo-Juice 13. How Do You Know When It’s Done 14. Looking For A Place To Hide 15. I Have Faith 16. Fine, Fine, Fine 17. Anything, Anywhere 18. Wild Women DISC SIX The End Of The Beginning 01. Deep In Your Eyes 02. You Started Something New 03. Now When The Brighter Days Are Gone 04. They Don’t Live Here Anymore 05. I Will Never Run 06. Maybe I’m Dreaming 07. We Had It All 08. Summeryoung 09. The One That Got Away 10. She Is Waiting By The Telephone 11. Cigarettes And Photographs (Bonus Track) 12. Faded Pictures (Bonus Track) 13. The Teremana Song (Bonus Track)
Categories:
MelodicRock Classics Label

Continue reading...