Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Of The Day(For My Amusement)

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
Willy Borscht in the Winged Express AA/Fuel Altered, the most evil drag racing car ever built. to add to the excitement Willy was narcoleptic. Fuel altered werebanned in the 70's

A Fuel Altered run is one of least predictable events in sports, and people never tire of seeing a giant, powerful beast careen out of control (this also explains Liz Taylor’s career). What lends these freaky-looking things their uneven temperament is the combination of massively powerful engines (basically Top Fuel dragster territory) and non-aerodynamic bodies (prewar Fiats, Austins and roadsters). Throw in the Altereds’ very short wheelbase, anywhere from 75 to 100 inches, and you have the makings some extremely truly multidirectional runs. You see, while speed was never a problem for these things (the Altereds routinely ran 170-plus mph in their halcyon days – the late ‘60s -- and many of today’s AA/FAs, like Jeff Bennett’s “No Mercy,” are running 5s in the quarter-mile). The problem? Keeping the Fuel Altered in a forward trajectory that reaches the finish line before it reaches, say, the Christmas Tree, the guardrail, and/or the grandstands

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I ran across some Facebook pages that have vintage modifieds from the 60's and 70's. the best thing about these pages is the cars are from the Milwaukee area and Upper Michigan, what's even better yet they are the cars that got me hooked on racing. First off we have my first racing hero, Jerry Richer.

Last edited:

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you might like that one, and welcome back, I haven't seen you here for a while. And as far as converting me to Mopar, highly unlikely, I was baptized in GM Holy Water. I do really like a lot of the cars you've posted. :)