Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Metal Blind Guardian

SiphonOfDestruction

Current Lineup
Hansi Kürschlead vocals, bass
André Olbrichlead guitar, backing vocals
Marcus Siepenrhythm guitar, backing vocals

Frederik Ehmke – drums, percussion, flute, bagpipes

Album Discography (Studio)
Battalions of Fear (1988)
Follow the Blind (1989)
Tales from the Twilight World (1990)
Somewhere Far Beyond (1992)
Imaginations from the Other Side (1995)
Nightfall in Middle-Earth (1998)
A Night at the Opera (2002)
A Twist in the Myth (2006)
At the Edge of Time (2010)
Beyond the Red Mirror (2015)
Legacy of the Dark Lands (2019)

Official Website...
https://www.blind-guardian.com/

Basic information...
Blind Guardian is a German power metal band formed in 1984 in Krefeld, West Germany. They are often credited as one of the seminal and most influential bands in the power metal and speed metal subgenres. Ten musicians have been a part of the band's line-up in its history. The music is mostly composed by Kursch and Olbrich together, and the lyrics, written by Kursch, are mostly inspired by the fiction of fantasy authors such as J. R. R. Tolkien, Michael Moorcock, and Robert Jordan, as well as traditional legends and epics.

And Then There Was Silence

Nightfall

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I really like Blind Guardian but have not listened to them in quite some time. I am especially fond of Nightfall in Middle Earth and Imaginations From the Other Side. LG introduced me to this band. I am a fan of Hansi and Demons and Wizards / Ayreon. (y)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
A1BUB01BNKL__SL1500_.jpg

This is stunning! I will be writing an album review..............and just so y'all know, this isn't a NORMAL Blind Guardian album. You will be disappointed if you were expecting the norm. However, I love orchestrated music and the stories the music tells.