Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Best Thrash Metal Vocalist?

Who is the best Thrash Metal vocalist:

• Tom Araya - Slayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mille Petrozza - Kreator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Who is the best thrash vocalist?

Note: I have chosen only bands whose vocalist has been consistent throughout the band's career.

James Hetfield - Metallica

VS

Tom Araya - Slayer

VS

Dave Mustaine - Megadeth

VS

Chuck Billy - Testament

VS

Mille Petrozza - Kreator

SiphonOfDestruction

No thrash singer should be willing (or able? lol) to sing in a soft and soothing, collective tone! F**k that garbage!

I'm with Hippie. Mustaine's vocals are sometimes a hit and miss but they always do one thing right, the only thing that matters: complimenting/fitting in with the music.

Not to mention Dave is a pretty good songwriter...

As for the others, not bad.

Lynch

For my money and my ears, I'll take Hetfield any and every day over the rest combined. I could listen to Megadeth all day long if it weren't for Mustaine's voice. I can only take it in small doses. Same with Slayer.

My honorable mention is easily Chuck Billy.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
My first instinct is to vote for Chuck Billy.....which is what I did. Not many talk about his voice much, but he really has a great vocal range and excellent vocal control for a baritone...a gravelly baritone. Plus, I happen to like Testament best out of the listed bands.

For me the honorable mention is Hetfield. He is also a baritone, but not when he first started, his voice was very uncontrolled and more like screachy screams.