Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BC Rich - 50th anniversary "Extreme V"

Lynch

Just in the nick of time. My birthday is coming up in a month. If anyone wants to know what I want (other than a new Camaro), this just went up to the top of my wish list. No idea what the price is going to be (yet) as their website has been down and under reconstruction for the better part of the past couple of months.

Description from their FB posting:

Which one of ya’ll asked for a sick V? Well, you could say this one is pretty lit 🔥! USA Made 50th Anniversary V Extreme. There is a strategically placed Killswitch (between the pickups) those of you who are Killswitch aficionados will appreciate that you won’t have to do acrobatics to reach it and create crazy rhythm patterns. 😉 There... We fixed it for you! The rest is Volume, Pickup Selector and light switch 🔥

Attachments

Lynch

I'm typically not a big fan of them, but that's mostly because I play sitting down, which of course can be problematic for idiots like me., mostly for the old-school Gibson V style. THere are some (like this one) that seem to have a tighter V (Jackson used to make some nice ones as well).

I fell in love with BC RIch in the late 80's and I still do like them, but I hate the headstock that they use on so many now. Have always loved the pointy/pointed headstock, which they obviously are putting on this Extreme V. The lights and the killswitch are just toys/candy, but I'm sure I'd make great use of them. Of course, it's just a dream.

1565754447668.png

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
The old school Gibson Flying V is the absolute best guitar in the world to play sitting down. The trick? Take the crotch of the guitar and put it on your left leg, this will put the entire fretboard in easy reach, assuming you're right handed.