Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Luck Comes My Way

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Guess what I did?

About 4pm this evening I fell off my porch steps and broke my left ankle in 2 places. I just got home from the hospital with a 3/4 cast. I have to call the orthopedic Dr in the morning. Hopefully I won't need surgery. Cross your fingers for me.......I definitely don't want any pins or plates in my ankle.

I will keep you informed

Mr. Gregory

Guess what I did?

About 4pm this evening I fell off my porch steps and broke my left ankle in 2 places. I just got home from the hospital with a 3/4 cast. I have to call the orthopedic Dr in the morning. Hopefully I won't need surgery. Cross your fingers for me.......I definitely don't want any pins or plates in my ankle.

I will keep you informed
OUCH!

I hope you make out okay. Let us know.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, no more bad luck. (y)

I'm very sore all over...I musta tried to break the fall with my right hand cuz it's swollen and hurts. Makes it hard to use my crutches.

I go to the ortho at 11:30 in the morning. I will have him look at my hand, too. I pray for no surgery on my ankle and I'm wondering how I'm going to get down the porch steps. I sat down and scooted up the steps yesterday.....very nervous about going down though.

Mr. Gregory

Yeah, no more bad luck. (y)

I'm very sore all over...I musta tried to break the fall with my right hand cuz it's swollen and hurts. Makes it hard to use my crutches.

I go to the ortho at 11:30 in the morning. I will have him look at my hand, too. I pray for no surgery on my ankle and I'm wondering how I'm going to get down the porch steps. I sat down and scooted up the steps yesterday.....very nervous about going down though.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm back from the ortho. I have avoided surgery at this time. I got fitted with this big gawky air cast. It's quite heavy and I will be able to use it as a walking cast in 3 weeks. I go back on the 24th for more X-rays. If the bone fragment stays put and begins to heal back where it belongs, I won't need surgery.

Geezus my foot looks awful. Black and blue from my toes to 1/2 way up my leg and swollen like a mushroom.

Oh, my right hand and wrist is ok....my wrist is sprained. It feels a bit better today making it a tad easier to use crutches. The Dr ordered me a neat looking scooter thing to use in place of crutches....I get it tomorrow.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, @Hammy

I am getting much better. I have avoided surgery and will be able to ditch the crutches in another week. I still have to wear the boot cast until I go back to the Dr. on June 21st.