Atlantean Kodex (Germany)
Epic Heavy Metal / Epic Doom Metal
1. The Alpha And The Occident (Rising From Atlantean Tombs) - 2:01
2. People Of The Moon (Dawn Of Creation) - 9:01
3. Lion Of Chaldea (The Heroes’ Journey) - 6:45
4. Chariots (Descending From Zagros) - 8:29
5. The Innermost Light (Sensus Fidei) - 3:34
6. A Secret Byzantium (Numbered As Sand And The Stars) - 8:55
7. He Who Walks Behind The Years (The Place Of Sounding Drums) - 8:53
8. Spell Of The Western Sea (Among Wolves And Thieves) - 1:27
9. The Course Of Empire (All Thrones in Earth And Heaven) - 10:46
10. Die Welt von gestern (Abendland) - 2:43
Markus Becker - Vocals
Manuel Trummer - Rhythm Guitars
Coralie Baier - Lead Guitars
Florian Kreuzer - Bass , Vocals
Mario Weiß - Percussion
This is Atlantean Kodex's third full length release which clocks in at a little over an hour in length, and is scheduled for release September 13, 2019 but you can find it on Youtube. My first impression is WOW! The Course of Empire is a profound listening experience.
The music flows smoothly from one song to the next with no song seeming out of place which makes for a cohesive listening experience. The Course of Empire is chock full of mythological story telling, dramatic hymns, and monumental harmonies which made me turn my volume up a bit louder than I normally would. The guitars are lo-fi, energetic, and aggressive while the percussion is a pounding support to the vocals. The music is slow to mid-tempo with an occasional burst of epic energy. You can even find a couple songs with an eerie, ominous darkness.
From my first impression, I cannot even begin to pick tracks which are standouts. The whole album is that good!
I would classify Atlantean Kodex as similar to early Manowar, Manilla Road, Candlemass, Fates Warning, and Bathory.
The first song video release:
People of the Moon (Dawn of Creation)