Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

La Futura (2012)

Speed King

Content Creator
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: La Futura
Artist: ZZ Top
Genre: Rock
Released: 2012

Tracks:
1 - I Gotsta Get Paid - 0:00
2 - Chartreuse - 0:00
3 - Consumption - 0:00
4 - Over You - 0:00
5 - Heartache in Blue - 0:00
6 - I Don't Wanna Lose, Lose, You - 0:00
7 - Flyin' High - 0:00
8 - It's Too Easy Mañana - 0:00
9 - Big Shiny Nine - 0:00
10 - Have a Little Mercy - 0:00

Overview:
La Futura is the fifteenth studio album by American rock band ZZ Top, and its first in nine years, following Mescalero. La Futura was recorded at The Foambox Recordings in Houston, Texas. The album title and album art were released on ZZ Top's home page on August 3 at 11:45 a.m. The album was released on September 11, 2012, and contains 10 tracks. “We thought long and hard about what this album should be,” Gibbons says in a press release. “We wanted to recall the directness of our early stuff but not turn our backs on contemporary technology. The result of this melding of the past and the present is, of course, La Futura.”
Four of the new tracks—“I Gotsta Get Paid,” “Chartreuse,” “Consumption,” and “Over You”—debuted June 5, 2012 as an iTunes-only collection titled Texicali, which met with strong sales and glowing reviews. Music Radar summed up the tunes as “ZZ Top crankin’ up some fresh, vital roadhouse blues.” Another track, "Flyin' High,” appropriately made its world premiere in space, when the then-unfinished song played on board a Soyuz spacecraft during its launch to the International Space Station in June 2011 at the request of NASA astronaut Mike Fossum, a long-time ZZ Top fan and friend.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Latest posts