Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Have I Been

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
FA699F30-9E73-4148-BD46-19C9E651DA27.jpeg

Brown County Arena where I saw my first concert in 1972. FogHat and the James Gang minus Joe Walsh.

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
howdy folks. Well here goes, little update on my life. December 28 my buddy and hit the golf course. It was 38 and sunny. We were going to do 18.got to the 7th hole and I started breathe hard, 8th it got a little worse and after I teed off on the ninth i couldn’t catch my breath. I figured I was having the big one and I was right. They kept me overnight and went through some tests. Then I got another ambulance ride to the Grand Rapids Heart Center. I ended up having a quadruple bypass and an aortic valve replacement. Came hone on the 14th if January. I’m laid up for 6-8 weeks and they won’t admit I’m under house arrest. Actually doing quite well. Feeling better everyday. I’ll keep you posted.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Quadruple bypass? Holy moly! Well I'm glad you're feeling better. Two friends (coworkers) of mine had heart attacks over the Christmas shut down. One had a stint put in, the other got a pacemaker.

I hope you're back to normal in no time!

Lynch

Been working from home for almost 6 weeks now. Honestly, I'm loving it and I wish that I could do this until I retire. I get more done in less time -and- every day is "no pants day". What's not to love about that?

Add to it, I cut out about 100 miles of driving every day (yeah I 50 miles from work) and thus have about an extra 2.5 hours of my day to myself that was always spent driving back and forth. I drive the opposite direction than most of the traffic and it's almost all highway miles. If I had to sit in rush hour every day, I couldn't do it.

Anyway, I'm loving it. I feel for most of the people that are out of work and not sure how to make things work financially and am incredibly grateful that this hasn't been an issue for me/us. Still, this is a weird situation to get through. I'll leave the rest of the topic of what's going on in the world to another day, another thread, another site.

Hope that everyone is doing well.