Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened today?

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
This is a thread for sharing the events of your day, anything strange happen? anything notable happen? This is the place to share it.

I'll go first,...so it's Saturday today, I got up late this morning, (because it's Saturday), I was getting ready to got outside to do some yard work. I hit the button to open the remote control iron gate, and it wouldn't open, so I look out the kitchen window, and I see the cover for the transmitter box in the middle of the driveway. My first thought is that someone vandalized my gate opener transmitter box, but I can see that the gate is still closed. So I think, why would they climb over my gate just to vandalize my gate opener? Anyway, I walk out side to investigate, and this is what I see,...

Look at the gaping hole in the battery! The battery, apparently exploded sometime during the night. It blew the cover off, blew apart the boxes that house electronics. I have no idea how much damage to the electronics was done. I won't know until I can get someone from the fence company out to look at it, It's going to be costly, I'm pretty sure of that though. It was operational last night at around 7:00pm. I have to go out and unpin the hydraulic ram that opens and closes the gate, as I'm trapped right now. (Gate is locked closed). :(

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

This is a thread for sharing the events of your day, anything strange happen? anything notable happen? This is the place to share it.

I'll go first,...so it's Saturday today, I got up late this morning, (because it's Staurday), I was getting ready to got outside to do some yard work. I hit the button to open the remote control iron gate, and it wouldn't open, so I look out the kitchen window, and I see the cover for the transmitter box in the middle of the driveway. My first thought is that someone vandalized my gate opener transmitter box, but I can see that the gate is still closed. So I think, why would they climb over my gate just to vandalize my gate opener? Anyway, I walk out side to investigate, and this is what I see,...

Look at the gaping hole in the battery! The battery, apparently exploded sometime during the night. It blew the cover off, blew apart the boxes that house electronics. I have no idea how much damage to the electronics was done. I won't know until I can get someone from the fence company out to look at it, It's going to be costly, I'm pretty sure of that though. It was operational last night at around 7:00pm. I have to go out and unpin the hydraulic ram that opens and closes the gate, as I'm trapped right now. (Gate is locked closed). :(
Wow. That really sucks, man.

I can't top that, but, uh, I made a band thread today! Yay me! (y)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
This didn't happen today but Saturday evening around 6pm. I had to go over to someone's house to retrieve a kids PS 4. I got the game console ,etc no problem. Then about 30 minutes later this crazy bitch shows up at my house wanting to fight over the game and the kid it belongs to. She was so drunk and stoned it wasn't even close to a fair fight.....I put her ass back in her car with out even breaking a sweat.

People are freakin nuts!

Mr. Gregory

Had an appointment with the eye doctor today. He and one of the nurses/assistants asked me about the Myrkur T-shirt I was wearing, which led to follow-up questions about her and black metal. They were pretty busy today, so we couldn't talk for long, but shockingly, they seemed genuinely interested! :giggle:

e7f5a484fd93a284b932217f1f174e2e_l-450x450.jpg

That's probably my favorite shirt in my entire wardrobe.

Mr. Gregory

Well, that was one unusually interesting and extremely treacherous drive home. I started out listening to Eivør, but by the end of the drive, I was listening to Immortal. I hate it when they close down the main road that I take to and from work and traffic gets redirected. It always creates total chaos and anarchy.